This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] jqs 31

• Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($3.84)
      BB ($6.78)
      UTG ($5.42)
      Hero ($5.18)
      BTN ($5)

Dealt to Hero J:heart: Q:heart:

fold, Hero raises to $0.17, BTN calls $0.17, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.41) 2:diamond: T:spade: 2:club:

Hero bets $0.20, BTN calls $0.20

TURN ($0.81) 2:diamond: T:spade: 2:club: 3:diamond:

Hero bets $0.40, BTN calls $0.40

RIVER ($1.61) 2:diamond: T:spade: 2:club: 3:diamond: 5:diamond:

Hero bets $1, BTN folds

Hero shows J:heart: Q:heart:

Hero wins $1.51

• 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Dracsharp,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: Taking into account the following:

A) Opponent
      B) Our equity on the flop
      C) The way the board runs out

I would recommend staying away from such 3-barrel bluffs. While it worked now I doubt that villain will fold enough on the later streets to make our bets that profitable (on this low board).
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Problem is we don't know that it will stay low and against this guy 1-2 barrel is usually enough, he is quite the fit or fold but once he called turn too i can't really stop i have to finish it because he will fold his pp-s.

Only other option is to not bother at all, which is again a not an option because he is having overcards too which he is folding on the flop. I also expected him to muck his pp-s on the turn but once he just called i must bluff river, cause he is pretty much folding everything apart from jj, and strong tx if he has any.

How would you play it ?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      Problem is we don't know that it will stay low and against this guy 1-2 barrel is usually enough, he is quite the fit or fold but once he called turn too i can't really stop i have to finish it because he will fold his pp-s.

Only other option is to not bother at all, which is again a not an option because he is having overcards too which he is folding on the flop. I also expected him to muck his pp-s on the turn but once he just called i must bluff river, cause he is pretty much folding everything apart from jj, and strong tx if he has any.

How would you play it ?
      So if you expect him to muck his PPs on the turn what exactly are you expecting him to have in his range on the river?

I would probably cbet a bit larger on the flop and then either bet turn/river larger or just ck/fold turn (versus a player like him).