[NL2-NL10] NL5 6-Max AQ

• sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      Again I just wanted to take it down on the flop, a 5 is all that has me beat pretty much, too many people on who'll pay any amount to see the next cards and I know villain could be raising a weaker ace,
      I don't think shoving was the right move at all though...

Full Tilt Poker $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em - 3 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (SB): $4.85
      BB: $5.24
      BTN: $4.89

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is SB with Q:diamond: A:spade:
      BTN raises to $0.15, Hero calls $0.13, BB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.45) 5:diamond: A:heart: 5:spade: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.30, BB calls $0.30, BTN raises to $0.60, Hero raises to $4.70 all in, BB folds, BTN calls $4.10

Turn: ($10.15) 7:club: (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: ($10.15) 2:diamond: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: $10.15
      Hero shows Q:diamond: A:spade: (two pair, Aces and Fives)
      BTN shows 5:heart: 4:heart: (three of a kind, Fives)
      BTN wins $9.48
      (Rake: $0.67)
  • 4 replies
    • ThePirateSword
      ThePirateSword
      Global
      i will 3bet preflop here, as played and with no info i will just call the flop and if he bets big the turn i will fold, also i might fold the flop if he's a big gapper.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Sketchzr,

Preflop: What do we know about villain? He doesn't have a full stack (although we don't have one either) so he may be recreational. Also, we are 3-handed so AQ looks much better in these spots so we can 3-bet preflop.

Postflop: Why exactly do you just want to take it down on the flop? You have TPGK and you'd want one or two of them to call with worse so I'm not sure why getting them to fold would be such a good idea. All that folds are worse hands.

As played it really depends on what we know about villain. But we can also just call, keep his range wide and play turn/river. Or in the worst case scenario raise smaller.
    • sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Sketchzr,

Preflop: What do we know about villain? He doesn't have a full stack (although we don't have one either) so he may be recreational. Also, we are 3-handed so AQ looks much better in these spots so we can 3-bet preflop.

Postflop: Why exactly do you just want to take it down on the flop? You have TPGK and you'd want one or two of them to call with worse so I'm not sure why getting them to fold would be such a good idea. All that folds are worse hands.

As played it really depends on what we know about villain. But we can also just call, keep his range wide and play turn/river. Or in the worst case scenario raise smaller.
      I think the call was a misclick preflop, that or I didn't want to 3-bet because I know I'm getting called and if I miss the flop then what?

Villain was actually 70/50 but I only have 50 hands. The problem I have with a lot of these players is they're willing to play their full stack with anything, even air or low pocket pairs, weaker aces.

If i just put in a good raise and they shoved me all-in what would I do then?

Or if it went to the turn or river what would I do?

Basically at what point would this be a fold if at all?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by sketchzr
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Sketchzr,

I think the call was a misclick preflop, that or I didn't want to 3-bet because I know I'm getting called and if I miss the flop then what?

Villain was actually 70/50 but I only have 50 hands. The problem I have with a lot of these players is they're willing to play their full stack with anything, even air or low pocket pairs, weaker aces.

If i just put in a good raise and they shoved me all-in what would I do then?

Or if it went to the turn or river what would I do?

Basically at what point would this be a fold if at all?
      Against aggro guys like the one you are describing you want to let them put the money in and not scare them away with overbet shoves.

Considering what we know about the guy we wouldn't fold our hand on turn or river. We simply "bluffcatch" and call down.

The idea is to keep his range wide and not isolate ourselves only against the better part. And by shoving you take away his chance to bluff.