[NL2-NL10] 64s BB v SB

• sketchzr
      Villains stats: VPIP: 88 PFR: 71

So he could pretty much have anything, he shoved a lot as a bluff/with any pair. I probably shouldn't be calling on the flop but I thought it'd really pay off if I hit, I was wrong though.

Full Tilt Poker $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em - 3 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): $8.44
      BTN: $6.70
      SB: $3.81

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is BB with 4:diamond: 6:diamond:
      1 fold, SB raises to $0.10, Hero calls $0.05

Flop: ($0.20) 5:diamond: A:diamond: K:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20

Turn: ($0.60) J:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.60, Hero raises to $1.20, SB raises to $3.51 all in, Hero calls $2.31

River: ($7.62) Q:heart: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: $7.62
      Hero shows 4:diamond: 6:diamond: (a flush, Ace high)
      SB shows 8:diamond: 9:diamond: (a flush, Ace high)
      SB wins $7.12
      (Rake: $0.50)
  • 3 replies
    • DrDunne
      hey sketchzr

im thinking fold it preflop vs such a guy.. hands like this rely on postflop aggression and FE as well as the possibility of hitting and most likely against someone like this we rarely have FE. instead we should opt for hands that can flop a good pair and preferably that will outkick him.

as played ott i cant see a reason to minraise.. instead make it like $2 and just try to get it in. i think folding is out of the question here even though it's not a great spot, he can have AK, KJ, AJ, AT, AQ, and a set.
    • ThePirateSword
      there are so manny hands that will 3 barrel here that i will just let him do my job , if he shows a better flush then just variance , i hate the turn raise .
    • BogdanPS
      Hi Sketchzr,

Preflop: Given your reads on the opponent you should not call here. Our hand rarely flops any good bluffcatchers and given the opponent we won't be able to semibluff him. On top of that he is shorter so we have less implied odds.

As played I can't see how we can get away from the hand. I don't mind a small raise on the turn as there are lots of hands that can call/shove there. However I'd make it more like $1.5.