This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 99 3-bet pot

• sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      Why does poker hate me? Another 3 BI gone.

This same situation has happened constantly today, I'm scared to play a set.

flat call or raise?

Full Tilt Poker $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (BTN): $5.52
      SB: $5.43
      BB: $2.84
      UTG: $5.00
      CO: $3.19

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is BTN with 9:spade: 9:club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, SB raises to $0.45, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.30

Flop: ($0.95) 2:spade: 7:spade: 9:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.75, Hero raises to $1.50, SB raises to $4.98 all in, Hero calls $3.48

Turn: ($10.91) 8:spade: (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: ($10.91) J:heart: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: $10.91
      Hero shows 9:spade: 9:club: (three of a kind, Nines)
      SB shows J:club: J:diamond: (three of a kind, Jacks)
      SB wins $10.19
      (Rake: $0.72)
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Sketchzr,

Preflop: Using the rule of 20 you barely have a call here although we have position so we may be able to steal some pots we don't hit.

Postflop: As played raise bigger on the flop. Why are all of your raises a min raise?
    • sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Sketchzr,

Preflop: Using the rule of 20 you barely have a call here although we have position so we may be able to steal some pots we don't hit.

Postflop: As played raise bigger on the flop. Why are all of your raises a min raise?
      If opponent is playing something like AK I think pocket 9's can be decent enough to play in position, and if they have overpair and I hit a set I can take their full stack, otherwise I think I'd just fold on a bad flop.

I think it's a habit as I usually use minraise to get a call out of the opponent or in hope that they re-raise me all-in.