This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] [NL2 SH] AQ 4bet-squeeze?

• Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $1.97 (98.5 bb)
      Hero (MP): $2.12 (106 bb)
      CO: $2.24 (112 bb)
      BTN: $5.88 (294 bb)
      SB: $6.64 (332 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A Q
      Hero raises to $0.08, CO folds, BTN raises to $0.24, SB calls $0.23, BB folds, Hero raises to $0.70, BTN folds, SB calls $0.46

Flop: ($1.66) 9 Q 5 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.42 and is all-in, SB folds

Hi folks,

Is it a good idea to 4bet-squeeze with AQ at all? I was thinking that what is good for a re-raise should be also good for a squeeze most of the time. I'm folding on a re-raise, so I'm bluffing, I guess. However, I might get called by something weaker as well, since both villains are kinda fishy.

Also, what do you think about the sizing? I did it about x3 the 3bet size. When I just 4bet (without any cold-callers), I do it usually up to x2.5.

Cheers.
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

I dont like it. My default assumption at nl2 is that people just dont three bet bluff a lot. So ur aq is toasted by nitty ranges. I would just fold unless i had a read that both of them are playing really wide ranges,

Then calling or four betting will become options.