[NL2-NL10] Sh Nl25: minraises

• Philipvw
      Philipvw
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)
      Hero:
      $34,65
      SB:
      $40,06
      BB:
      $25,89
      CO:
      $7,78

0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q:heart: , Q:diamond:
      CO calls $0,25, Hero raises to $1,30, SB raises to $2,35, 2 folds, Hero calls $1,05.

Suspicious. Minraises bring me out of my comfort zone. I can't think of many hands where he would do this, so i just call and think i wil proceed with caution.

Flop: ($5,20) J:spade: , 2:club: , 7:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $2,50, Hero calls $2,50.

Not much out there that can outdraw me, i continue with caution and continue to keep it small.

Turn: ($10,20) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $3,50, Hero calls $3,50.

Small bet, strange. I once again continue with caution. But i think that i may start to think about changing the plan here.

River: ($17,20) J:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

On the turn he might have been weak. On the river he reconfirms. I think i should valuebet.

Final Pot: $17,20
  • 2 replies
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Miniraises depend from donkey to donkey, some do with monsters other do with any pocket pair and other things.

On the flop a call to keep the pot small is good. On the turn he shows weakness but that's when you have to decide if you want to control the pot or get value from worser hands. Maybe you could get value of worse hands here, like TT, AJ or KJ, but damn, if you don't have reads or stats it gets very tough to decide what to do.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      You´re deep so calling min-raise is fine.
      Both flop and turn are fine, but I´d make 5$ valuebet on the river.
      He might call with A high or TT.