[NL20-NL50] k5s

• daisuke3823
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BU with K, 5.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $1.25, SB folds, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2.75) 2, 5, Q (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.75, BB raises to $4.88, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $4.5.

his stats in 23 hands vpip17 pfr9 af4

his hand looks like flush draw more than 22,55.
      should I call and reevaluate on the turn?
  • 2 replies
    • cutegoldfish
      That's a pretty dry board and he has a narrow range. More often he has a strong hand there like top pair or better.

If you do decide to call what is your plan on the turn? Do you think he is going to stop bluffing and give up? Or call again to bluffcatch?

I think fold is best and if you believe he is bluffing you could turn your hand into a bluff and raise over him. You don't have much showdown value and a hand like 67 has 30% equity you don't mind taking right now instead of calling and seeing a turn.
    • BogdanPS
      Hi Daisuke,

I agree with cutegoldfish that folding, with our hand, is best (given the lack of info we have).

It's true that he doesn't represent many combos of sets (4 in total) but we don't know if he is capable of raising a Qx hand for thin value. So if we call what do we do? Call down on blanks? Our hand is somewhat vulnerable. So the only other option would be a 3-bet on the flop, as a bluff but against unknown I'd stay away from that.