[NL2-NL10] [5NL] JT light 3bet, bad idea?

• worldanizer
      worldanizer
      Bronze
      SB: €5.30
      BB: €5.00
      UTG: €15.67
      CO: €9.89 23/14 over ~300 hands. foldto3bet 66% (only 15 hands), steal 33%, fold tosteal 83%
      Hero (BTN): €5.00

SB posts SB €0.02, BB posts BB €0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: €0.07) Hero has J:heart: T:heart:

fold, CO raises to €0.15, Hero raises to €0.45, fold, fold, CO calls €0.30

I thought that 3betting was better than calling, am i right?

Flop: (€0.97, 2 players) 5:diamond: 6:diamond: 7:diamond:
      CO checks, Hero checks

Not sure what to do here. I'm not sure I can make him fold A-high or K-high on that board.

Turn: (€0.97, 2 players) J:spade:
      CO bets €0.35, Hero calls €0.35

River: (€1.67, 2 players) 9:spade:
      CO bets €1.15, Hero?
  • 6 replies
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Pre either is fine, 3b is usually easier way.

Flop is horrible he could call in with any 1 card fd and low enough for all his medium pockets, only pocket that don't call is 44,33,22 which he probably don't have anyway, or highcards without fd. Giving up is fine.

On turn maybe he hit jj or aj if he calls that but against most we have a value raise to about 1.1, his size not convincing either. Raise/fold and maybe thin vbet river.

As played i would call river.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi World,

Preflop: I don't mind a 3-bet here as a bluff. If blinds are fishy we can call behind

Postflop: I would cbet that flop. Without a diamond villain is most likely folding and a 1/2 pot bet only has to work 33% of the time.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Are you sure about that cbet ?

For every Ax hand if he has a pocket he calls then it is super marginal 8/22 but if he has one more than its -ev even without rake consideration, unless you really meant it that he won't call without Diamond, even something like a tt ? He will always have more combos of pps than ax if he is any decent.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      Are you sure about that cbet ?

For every Ax hand if he has a pocket he calls then it is super marginal 8/22 but if he has one more than its -ev even without rake consideration, unless you really meant it that he won't call without Diamond, even something like a tt ? He will always have more combos of pps than ax if he is any decent.
      So, how often would our cbet have to work?

How often does he have a hand that can continue?
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Just sticking to the two most realistic cases, any looser does actually makes it worse for cbet by introducing a lot of mid pockets with aj.

JJ-TT,AQs,AQo
      He is folding 28%

QQ-TT,AQs+,AQo+
      He is folding 32%
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      Just sticking to the two most realistic cases, any looser does actually makes it worse for cbet by introducing a lot of mid pockets with aj.

JJ-TT,AQs,AQo
      He is folding 28%

QQ-TT,AQs+,AQo+
      He is folding 32%
      A 1/2 pot cbet has to work 33% of the time without counting turn/river.

So your first range has 6 combos of PPs, 3 combos of NFD, 1 combo of flush and 3 combos of Qh fd.

So, including Q high fd we have 13/22 combos or 59%.

However I doubt the he has only that range and most likely has AJ/KQ type hands as well and most smaller diamonds will fold OOp.