[NL2-NL10] Still 12 outer after heavy action?

• Deomedes
      Deomedes
      Bronze
      PartyGaming - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

Hero (BB): $12.26
      UTG: $12.02
      MP: $12.39
      CO: $10.00
      BTN: $7.26
      SB: $11.96

SB posts SB $0.05, Hero posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has J:heart: T:heart:

fold, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.10, SB calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.40, BTN calls $0.30, SB calls $0.30

Flop: ($1.20, 3 players) 8:spade: Q:heart: 5:heart:
      SB bets $0.85, Hero raises to $2.00, BTN calls $2.00, SB raises to $3.15, Hero calls $1.15, BTN calls $1.15

Turn: ($10.65, 3 players) A:club:
      SB checks, Hero checks, BTN bets $3.71 and is all-in, SB calls $3.71, [b]Hero???

SB was an overly aggressive post flop fish who overvalued even sec pairs so as to bet them twice and still check/call on the river substantial bets with them.

While BTN is unknown with 63 VPIP on 19 hands.

I liked my turn raise since sb was donk betting liberally but even though the BTN seemed fishy that call on the flop was really too strong.
  • 4 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Deo,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: why did we raise on the flop? Given what you just told me about the opponent and the fact that BTN is still left to act we can simply call here.

We do not have any FE with such a small raise and we have J high.

As played you picked up another gutshot on the turn so we have an up and down plus the FD. If all outs are live we can call there (sometimes there will be better FDs but at least 3x 9s and 3xK are live so I would call).
    • Deomedes
      Deomedes
      Bronze
      WOW i had no fold equity and all my notes were saying that, i must have been autopiloting.

The raise is pretty standard reaction vs a donk when i have that equity in the pot (guess that is ok, right?) but there i had no fold equity.

I missed the point of the raise and the double belly buster on the turn too. Horrific play! I will be posting more often now.

Thnx for all the replies Bogdan.
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      In a multiway pot I'd go on a more conservative line and just call. If he is a maniac he might level himself and you would have to commit yourself with J-high. On a heads-up this would be easier raise.

On turn I'd go AI, we have so much equity there and I'd say we have good pot odds, too.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Deomedes
      WOW i had no fold equity and all my notes were saying that, i must have been autopiloting.

The raise is pretty standard reaction vs a donk when i have that equity in the pot (guess that is ok, right?) but there i had no fold equity.

I missed the point of the raise and the double belly buster on the turn too. Horrific play! I will be posting more often now.

Thnx for all the replies Bogdan.
      You are welcome :)