[NL2-NL10] NL-5 6-Max AK vs ?

• sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      I didn't really feel like c-betting on this board (I'd been c-betting like 92% of all flops at this table), I'd think if the opponent wants to get value out of me there he'd be betting a lot smaller, but I still didn't feel like calling. I've been having some trouble spots recently with people shoving me,
      in most cases what's the reason for people doing this? This is something I would rarely do for value.

Full Tilt Poker $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

CO: $2.22
      BTN: $6.69
      SB: $11.11
      BB: $4.04
      Hero (UTG): $5.33
      MP: $1.74

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is UTG with K:heart: A:club:
      Hero raises to $0.15, 3 folds, SB calls $0.13, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.35) 8:club: 3:spade: 3:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($0.35) 6:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($0.35) K:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $10.96 all in, Hero folds

Final Pot: $0.35
      SB wins $0.33
      (Rake: $0.02)
  • 2 replies
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Some fish want to make max-value by overbetting. They hope you hit king, while they might have slowplayed full-house of flush.

I'd cbet this, unless he is very aggressive. Some players fold quite easily on flops they miss, so this is good spot to bet.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi sketchzr,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: There is value in a bet still. We often have the best hand and we still have redraws.

I would fold the river as well. This is usually a hand that was trying to ck/raise but missed a chance and now it's looking to gain all the value lost. And since we need to be good about 50% of the time (a bit less) it's a fold.