[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH check/call turn, river AJo

• Nl4m

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.57 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:spade: , J:heart:
      MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0,16, BU calls $0,16, SB folds, BB calls $0,12.

Flop: ($0,50) 4:club: , 4:spade: , 5:club: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0,40, BU calls $0,40, BB folds.

Turn: ($1,30) A:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0,65, Hero calls $0,65.

i thought that flop was very dangerous, and i considered this card not dangerous to me. i check called both turn and river because his bets were too small

River: ($2,60) K:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1,30, Hero calls $1,30.

Final Pot: $5,20
  • 3 replies
    • Tosh5457
      That board is almost the most inoffensive board there is, very unlikely that he has a 4. It's not the most inoffensive just because there are 2 suited cards.

On the flop I wouldn't cbet, since there are 2 opponents. Since he called he probably has an overpair or a flushdraw.

On the turn you probably have the best hand so you can bet again, but check/call is not bad too I guess because a bet would probably scare his hand away.

On the river I'd make a valuebet, like I said you're probably ahead of him.
    • Philipvw
      I mostly agree with Tosh. However, i would cbet against weak opponents. On the turn check and bet are fine i think. If you are really afraid you're behind, you can control the pot by c/c. As Tosh said, it might be problematic to get value from worser hands now, so maybe check is a bit better. Plus i expect villain to bet any card here.

Because his turnbet meant nothing to me, I would valuebet here. bet/fold If he had some pair, he will most likely call
    • Kaitz20
      I would probably bet turn for value, since it is not that likely that villain holds better hand than tp on that board.
      But if you don´t like to play big pot, then c/c both turn and river might also be good if villain is aggressive and bet with weaker ace or busted draw.