This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH check/call turn, river AJo

• Nl4m
      Nl4m
      Bronze
      SB:
      $1,58
      BB:
      $0,78
      MP3:
      $4,94
      Hero:
      $7,47
      BU:
      $3,61

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.57 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:spade: , J:heart:
      MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0,16, BU calls $0,16, SB folds, BB calls $0,12.

Flop: ($0,50) 4:club: , 4:spade: , 5:club: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0,40, BU calls $0,40, BB folds.

Turn: ($1,30) A:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0,65, Hero calls $0,65.

i thought that flop was very dangerous, and i considered this card not dangerous to me. i check called both turn and river because his bets were too small

River: ($2,60) K:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1,30, Hero calls $1,30.

Final Pot: $5,20
  • 3 replies
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      That board is almost the most inoffensive board there is, very unlikely that he has a 4. It's not the most inoffensive just because there are 2 suited cards.

On the flop I wouldn't cbet, since there are 2 opponents. Since he called he probably has an overpair or a flushdraw.

On the turn you probably have the best hand so you can bet again, but check/call is not bad too I guess because a bet would probably scare his hand away.

On the river I'd make a valuebet, like I said you're probably ahead of him.
    • Philipvw
      Philipvw
      Bronze
      I mostly agree with Tosh. However, i would cbet against weak opponents. On the turn check and bet are fine i think. If you are really afraid you're behind, you can control the pot by c/c. As Tosh said, it might be problematic to get value from worser hands now, so maybe check is a bit better. Plus i expect villain to bet any card here.

Because his turnbet meant nothing to me, I would valuebet here. bet/fold If he had some pair, he will most likely call
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would probably bet turn for value, since it is not that likely that villain holds better hand than tp on that board.
      But if you don´t like to play big pot, then c/c both turn and river might also be good if villain is aggressive and bet with weaker ace or busted draw.