$2.00
      MP3:
      $2.11
      CO:
      $3.23
      BU:
      $3.62

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J, J.
      UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.24, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.16.

Flop: ($0.51) 2, 4, 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.24, Hero calls $0.24.

Turn: ($0.99) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks.

River: ($0.99) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks.

Final Pot: $0.99.

Villain is 10/5 with AF 6 in little less than 100 hands

I called his 3 bet because I felt he has non pair hands in his 3bet range
      on the flop I think I have showdown equity so I called it and wanted to see showdown without throwing more money in the pot (would probably fold if he barreled on the turn or river)
  • 6 replies
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hello HrabriLavek

in general i think it's a mistake to call 3bets OOP and you won't go wrong with having a 4bet or fold strategy when OOP. here it's just not fun because we play guessing games postflop if we call.
    • HrabriLavek
      HrabriLavek
      Bronze
      Hi, thanks for your comment, what would you do in this position if I had QQ, 4 bet/fold also? why? He could also be doing this with AK, AQ, KJ, ok maybe those 2 last hands not by this kind of player but generaly.

thanks.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      well it's been a long time since i've played FR, but no way 4bet folding QQ is good because it's a value hand. if we 4bet with it we commit. otherwise our reasoning behind our action isn't well thought out. at the same time, it isnt a huge mistake to 4bet ship it in with AK and QQ here either because you will capitalise on FE. the thing is we are rarely fistpumping with AK and QQ when we do get it in preflop but these hands profit a lot from the times villain folds.

i honestly don't think raise/folding here with QQ or AK is too bad and given the positions + the villain it's probably fine.. yeah you might be giving up the best hand a lot of the time but the problem is you will have trouble playing it postflop OOP if you call and this will cost you much more money in the long run than the money you sacrifice by folding to keep the decisions simple. so it's either 4bet/call ship, or just fold for me.

with JJ, i think our decision is an easy raise/fold when OOP. the earlier the positions the stronger the ranges will be in general.
    • HrabriLavek
      HrabriLavek
      Bronze
      thanks for comment :)
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Lavek,

Preflop: Normally you want to stay away from calling 3-bets OOP vs nits. Their range is just above our hand and even though he has unpaired hands those still have 50% equity versus us.

Throw in the fact that we are OOP and don't have initiative and we will lose a ton of pots.

Best case scenario for us is that we are set mining but even that's borderline unprofitable here.
    • HrabriLavek
      HrabriLavek
      Bronze
      will intend to stay away from these situations then, thank you