This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] A3s straight on the turn in 3bet pot

• AchillesBG
      AchillesBG
      Silver
      Prima, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $53.47 (106.9 bb)
      MP: $51 (102 bb)
      CO: $52.75 (105.5 bb)
      BTN: $94.45 (188.9 bb)
      Hero (SB): $58.24 (116.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:club: 3:club:
      MP folds, CO raises to $1.50, BTN folds, Hero raises to $5.25, BB folds, CO calls $3.75

Flop: ($11) 2:diamond: 5:club: 9:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.50, CO calls $5.50

Turn: ($22) 4:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $11.50, Hero raises to $47.49 and is all-in, CO folds

Results: $45.00 pot ($2.25 rake)
      Final Board: 2:diamond: 5:club: 9:diamond: 4:spade:
      CO mucked and lost (-$22.25 net)
      Hero mucked A:club: 3:club: and won $42.75 ($20.50 net)

25/24, fold to 3bet 75%, 4bet 25% (4), 42 agg. freq. 79hands

I don`t know why my Cbet is so small. ?( It should be smth. like 6,5$-7$?

My plan is to barrel J+, and ch/r :club: /4? Is it ok?
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Achilles,

Why should your cbet be any larger? 1/2 pot on this dry board is perfectly fine.

As played why not raise the turn smaller to give him a chance to make a mistake? We really don't want him folding and a ck/shove increases our FE here a lot. A raise to $24 or so may induce him to spew either by calling light or shoving light.
    • AchillesBG
      AchillesBG
      Silver
      He doesn`t look like a fish, so I thought that small raise will look stronger, because it`s really hard for me to ch/min r turn in 3b pot as a bluff with 18$ left behind?

And one more question. If we have TT-JJ in his position, how do we play the turn vs aggresive regular?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by AchillesBG
      He doesn`t look like a fish, so I thought that small raise will look stronger, because it`s really hard for me to ch/min r turn in 3b pot as a bluff with 18$ left behind?

And one more question. If we have TT-JJ in his position, how do we play the turn vs aggresive regular?
      Either ck/raise would show strength but with a minraise you usually give them another chance to spew. Maybe he has a weird gutshot that he doesn't want to fold for the odds anymore or just a pair that would get stubborn.

If you put yourself in his shoes how would you play vs a min raise or shove? Ideally you should play the same given the info.

Against aggro guy we can ck/call turn/river with TT/JJ. We want to play their game. Cbet flop and then look like we are weak/give up. Alternatively, if they are aggro and calling station (let's say bet/calling AQ there) we can ck/shove same as AA/KK/sets.