$50 to $8

• Spikelema
      Spikelema
      Bronze
      After 1000 hands and I nice break even ratio. Still had the $50!

Well I had a good session on 2 tables and on the third I was tempted to repeat the others. This was until I lost all the money I sat down with, I was annoyed I can win this. So stupid me takes $40 and hops onto the 1/2 NL table. Sitting here thinking "I only need one decent win to get the $50 back." Blinds start eating at me and I play my hands a bit to conservatively and get beaten on the turn and river often.

Then basically I just didn't stand and leave when I realised I wasn't winning and now I am down to $8 and have to build it up again.
  • 19 replies
    • brian997
      brian997
      Bronze
      Sadly, this does not surprise me anymore...
      Read and memorize this:
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/no-limit/825/
    • Spikelema
      Spikelema
      Bronze
      I do read it, often just to check.

When you are on tilt you don't bother about BRM.

I was looking for someone to say just chin up and get back in the game, not

"Just another person with no BRM"
    • Backcushion
      Backcushion
      Bronze
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/psychology/64/

read this,and think about it.
    • Tuuletallaja
      Tuuletallaja
      Bronze
      chin up and get back in the game (:
    • Spikelema
      Spikelema
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Backcushion
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/psychology/64/

read this,and think about it.
      Now I like that article better than the BRM one. It actually applies more practically. :)

Originally posted by Tuuletallaja
      chin up and get back in the game (:
      Hehe, wow that is exactly what I wanted to hear. How did you know? ;)
    • Grimzor
      Grimzor
      Bronze
      Yet another "dont suggest me BRM, you fools! just chin me up so i can go play again!!!" thread. Well, go ahead, lose your last $.
    • shloogy
      shloogy
      Bronze
      NL2-4 is full of donks.dont be one of them.

try the following:

- stop calling river to much.
      -don't open limp
      -don't call pre flop raises ever
      -don't play on tilt
      -don't raise UTG with less than AK-JJ

hope that this will improve your game
    • Spikelema
      Spikelema
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Grimzor
      Yet another "dont suggest me BRM, you fools! just chin me up so i can go play again!!!" thread. Well, go ahead, lose your last $.
      Your an idiot and a flamer. Read the rules and don't make posts like that.

I didn't say "don't suggest BRM" I said, I already know BRM and was trying to get some confidence. I made a mistake and you learn from mistakes, I know what I did wrong and was looking for sympathy and friendliness not people like you who flame those who need support.

YOU are the one who should lose his money. I really hope mine is the only thread you made this sort of comment in.

I hope if you post again you at least read and UNDERSTAND what is written.

Again thanks to those who posted constructive advice.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      I suggest you deposit $1500 and then come and join me on the $22 and $33 sng's on titan. Whilst on the tables I will compliment you and give you a chin up. (every hand if you wish).

In all seriousness, if you cant stick to BRM whilst on tilt, theres one easy thing you have to do. QUIT!!!! If you cant stick to a simple psychological part of the game, the quit. You will never be able to win at poker if you dont control this. You are funding the game for others.

So thankyou for doing that sir, very good of you!

Stiev
    • Grimzor
      Grimzor
      Bronze
      I did read your thread, i did see how you completely sweeped under the carpet the best suggestion someone could give you (BRM) and i did see you just wanted sympathy. Wanna hear that you did good job? wanna hear it will be fine again, go play with 1 BI again? Thats what you wanted to hear... but in my mind its as bad as it gets. Thats why i made a post like i did to show you that ignoring BRM wont get you far. Do you think we suggest BRM to everybody just for fun? You and many more players like you, with same posts like you have cried about loses, then got mad after they were suggested to read BRM or ignored that.

I did make a post which might be formated in away you dont like. My quote was the way i saw you in development of this thread. Yes, thats right, you made impression of person who knows it all better, our suggestions seemed useless to you.

Now you call me an idiot, tell i didnt read your thread even tho i did it. Even wish me THE WORST thing you could ever wish to a poker player - losing my bankroll. Huh. Now i reread my post and yes, perhaps it was harsh and inappropriate. I would of appologized for it, but your comment and wishing me bad luck made me change my mind. Now i just want to raise middle finger and leave. I tried to be as helpful as i could on this forum. Made small mistake and made this questionable post, got shit thrown at me... Seems like posting and trying to help is unrewarding thing to do that can only upset me if gone wrong. Never thought that to be possible but your comment really got to me. Your hopes are therefore granted - your thread is the only where i make comment of this kind or any kind for that matter, as from now on i will not post on this forum section.
    • Spikelema
      Spikelema
      Bronze
      @cannell555:

I just told Grimzor about the way he commented in his reply and you come in and say that. Frankly I am appalled, I didn't realize you were born perfect and never make any mistakes. Thank you for letting me know nobody but me makes a mistake. Sarcasm is a deadly weapon in the wrong place and this is the wrong place.

@Grimzor:

I didn't sweep the suggestion under the carpet is the point I am trying to make. I have followed BRM religiously up until that one session. I made a mistake and I admitted it. I am not trying to say BRM is not the answer because I know it is. BUT there are better ways to suggest BRM than "Just another thread with any BRM".

As for my comment on losing your money, it was made purely in retaliation to you telling me to lose mine. As I would never suggest it off the block, as it is the worst thing to suggest. (Which you did suggest to me)

I will apologize to you because I can see you were trying to help but it didn't come across right. As far as your other posts in here, I can't judge them because all I know is what you said to me and it isn't should be said to a person who is losing.

________

In conclusion I will make it clear, I am grateful for the suggestion of BRM and I do follow it (Excluding this one mistake which I won't repeat).

The suggestions should be constructive but in no way derogatory, that is how you ruin a persons interest in Poker.

Simply rewording replies posted would achieve a much better response.

Eg.

"It is bad luck to hear about your session. I would suggest having a look at
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/no-limit/825/ and making sure you stick to it."

Exact same post but leaves the OP feeling comfortable. Which is how you want people to feel during a downswing. Correct their mistakes in a friendly and helpful way.

I apologize to Grimzor for attacking his post and I apologize to those out there who I came across as conceited and pigheaded too.

But I can't apologize to cannell555 because I know there is no misinterpreting that as a blatant flame.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      The truth hurts. You think I want an apology? I am happy you do this, thats your apology to me, just funding the game is enough.

As you found out, you have to follow the strategy's all the time, not most of the time. I dont want to see any of this community loose their money, but I do like seeing donks loose theirs. If you only follow certain strategy's at certain times, thats what you are, a donk.

I could have said, your the greatest player ever, you just made a huge mistake, and got punished. But i'm not willing to lie to you. The mistake you made is worse than any type of bad play. If you cant realize this quit! Its simple.

So everybody say thx!!!

Stiev
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      What answers do you expect to get when you say that you put your whole roll on a table (shortstacking which is even worse) ? Poker is a man's game and you have to be able to take some shit from other forum members or your opponents at the tables. If you have patience and persistence you will succeed in having fun and making money at the same time and so far you lack patience.
      If you wanna become good at poker you have to rely entirely on yourself and i dont see what asking for a pat in the back from other people has to do with that.

(Btw i ve also made my own whine thread on this forum but i saw it as just a way to cool off my tilt)
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Creating these threads to let some steam out is great. But creating these threads to get reasurrance is bad. (espescially as, knowone can reasurre you when you make such foolish play). Grow up and get over it.
    • arjun2001
      arjun2001
      Bronze
      just chin up and get back in the game

I was on tilt too one day posting hands that weren't even that bad, and got the same results. Ppl making fun of my play, but after u get over ur tilt that is kind of true isn't it?

You did act like a tilted donkey on a 1/2 table, I mean I could understand u going to NL25 but 1/2! Pros play those stakes.ppl are making $8/hr profits from that and you go thr when ur not sure of your strategy.

Trust me if you need someone to calm you down, then its you only... it doesn't matter if you follow BRM religiously or not, one day you don't follow it you get to $8 from $50.

Now seriously stop replying back to ppl 's posts and get back into the game with a deposit! :)
    • arjun2001
      arjun2001
      Bronze
      oops double post..... :baby:
    • brian997
      brian997
      Bronze
      I just read the rest of this post for the first time. There is some very solid
      advice to be gained here.
      1) Don't complain when YOU break the strategy.
      2) Don't try and argue with people who have been around much longer than
      you
      3) Next time your on a tilt, QUIT. Don't come complaining to all the high
      volume players that you had bad luck when you were the fish for bringing 1BI
      to a table with skill far beyond your own.

Here is an analogy for you.

NL$0.01/$0.02: --
      NL$0.02/$0.04: ----
      NL$0.05/$0.10: ----------
      NL$0.10/$0.20: ---------------------
      NL$0.25/$0.50: --------------------------------------------------
      NL$2.00/$4.00: ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Each dash represents how much harder the limit is to beat.

Now regarding what you wanted to hear:

Originally posted by Spikelema
      "It is bad luck to hear about your session. I would suggest having a look at
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/no-limit/825/ and making
      sure you stick to it."
      You just broke rule number 3. [flame] Its not bad luck, your an idiot. [/flame]
    • Spikelema
      Spikelema
      Bronze
      And you guys broke board rule #2 in your posts.

Rule No. 2: No Flames!

Flames are serious insults directed at other users. Clearly joking insults are not flames but depending on the context they might be spam.

Thanks Arjun, you said exactly what everyone else is telling me but took the time to make it not a flame.

And it was wrong to say I posted looking for reassurance. I posted looking for advice but I didn't post to be told I suck at poker and should quit.

You are all acting like you were never a beginner. Arjun is right I should stop posting here you guys are just lowering my overall opinion of the people in this community and I really hope it improves because I don't like having enemies but I also don't like people who insult others without provocation.
    • brian997
      brian997
      Bronze
      well on behalf of everyone else, sorry if we hurt your feelings.
      We try to provide a welcoming environment to new players.
      But you need to also realize (and hopefully you have by now) that your play was just stupid. There is no need to beat around the bush on that one.
      And no one said you sucked at poker ftr, we just said you suck at BRM :P

I think the #1 thing that offended most people is that you posted in the downswing report section. This is not a downswing at all. Take a look around and you can read stories of people playing 100% you have constantly lost. If you had of posted in the "Beginners section" saying this, the posts would have been 100% more constructive