This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50sh - Jacks BvB

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hey all!

Villain:
      49/22/60h 1 3bet so far which was also vs btn.
      1.44 AF

Preflop:
      I wasn't really sure because he isn't really aggro. I thought JJ was a little bit too strong to fold so I called. Is it fine to call TT, JJ in this spot? Also call AQ? I would shove QQ+, AK

Flop:
      I was rly afraid of such a fishy check/raise what I see a lot. I also didn't rly wanna check to let him hit the turn so I opted for a small bet which can still get value from random overcards but does protect my hand a bit. Another advantage of this bet is that I don't lose much when he check/raises.

Turn:
      I bet a bit bigger for value now, I feel stronger after his flop check/call and now there are some draws. He calls quickly

River:
      His line looks rly weird to me, esspecially because of his quick turncall. I want to get value from random Tx or herocalls (PP). I think an AI looks kinda strong to fishes so I did bet a bit less.

Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 2050146
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

CO: $28.75
      BTN: $58.76
      SB: $40.39
      Hero (BB): $54.21
      UTG: $20.13

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BB with J :spade: J :diamond:
      2 folds, BTN raises to $1.50, SB raises to $4, Hero calls $3.50, 1 fold

Flop: ($9.50) 9 :diamond: 9 :spade: 7 :club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $4, SB calls $4

Turn: ($17.50) T :spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $9, SB calls $9

River: ($35.50) 5 :spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $20.50, SB folds
  • 5 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Pre shuld be a callvs the fish but we should proceed w caution.

As played i think we have the best hand mostly. But we shuld bet one third pot to try getting sce high to call again (thats a largrr part of his range as compared to lowrr pocket poairs imo
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hey mbml?

Typing with phone? :D .

- Callingrange preflop?
      - Thoughts about my flopstory?

But we shuld bet one third pot to try getting sce high to call again

So you think he's calling Ahi (AK/AQ) to a 1/3th potbet OTR? I actually have my doubts on that. Combined with the face that he folds AQ/AK on the turn I think we should vbet mostly vs random Tx (TJs, QJs, ATs) or something random like 88.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Yea im in a kfc with some wifi :)

Pf range i just call tt jj AK and maybe AQs or 99. Nothing g reat comes out of coldcalling three bets. We just wanna play cos of fish .

I will jist half pot f and t. And anyway w jj we dont beat too many wirse hands. Ir size is also a little too lsrge vs a hand like 88 so i prefer a smaller bet
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Okay thanks.

Have fun in kfc! :D . You needed to judge some hands quickly so you can pay for your chicken wings? :D
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Just killing some time haha

Let my friend do the dirty work of searching for hostels while i evaluate hands