[NL20-NL50] NL50sh - Jacks BvB

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hey all!

Villain:
      49/22/60h 1 3bet so far which was also vs btn.
      1.44 AF

Preflop:
      I wasn't really sure because he isn't really aggro. I thought JJ was a little bit too strong to fold so I called. Is it fine to call TT, JJ in this spot? Also call AQ? I would shove QQ+, AK

Flop:
      I was rly afraid of such a fishy check/raise what I see a lot. I also didn't rly wanna check to let him hit the turn so I opted for a small bet which can still get value from random overcards but does protect my hand a bit. Another advantage of this bet is that I don't lose much when he check/raises.

Turn:
      I bet a bit bigger for value now, I feel stronger after his flop check/call and now there are some draws. He calls quickly

River:
      His line looks rly weird to me, esspecially because of his quick turncall. I want to get value from random Tx or herocalls (PP). I think an AI looks kinda strong to fishes so I did bet a bit less.

Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 2050146
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

CO: $28.75
      BTN: $58.76
      SB: $40.39
      Hero (BB): $54.21
      UTG: $20.13

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BB with J :spade: J :diamond:
      2 folds, BTN raises to $1.50, SB raises to $4, Hero calls $3.50, 1 fold

Flop: ($9.50) 9 :diamond: 9 :spade: 7 :club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $4, SB calls $4

Turn: ($17.50) T :spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $9, SB calls $9

River: ($35.50) 5 :spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $20.50, SB folds
  • 5 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Pre shuld be a callvs the fish but we should proceed w caution.

As played i think we have the best hand mostly. But we shuld bet one third pot to try getting sce high to call again (thats a largrr part of his range as compared to lowrr pocket poairs imo
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hey mbml?

Typing with phone? :D .

- Callingrange preflop?
      - Thoughts about my flopstory?

But we shuld bet one third pot to try getting sce high to call again

So you think he's calling Ahi (AK/AQ) to a 1/3th potbet OTR? I actually have my doubts on that. Combined with the face that he folds AQ/AK on the turn I think we should vbet mostly vs random Tx (TJs, QJs, ATs) or something random like 88.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Yea im in a kfc with some wifi :)

Pf range i just call tt jj AK and maybe AQs or 99. Nothing g reat comes out of coldcalling three bets. We just wanna play cos of fish .

I will jist half pot f and t. And anyway w jj we dont beat too many wirse hands. Ir size is also a little too lsrge vs a hand like 88 so i prefer a smaller bet
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Okay thanks.

Have fun in kfc! :D . You needed to judge some hands quickly so you can pay for your chicken wings? :D
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Just killing some time haha

Let my friend do the dirty work of searching for hostels while i evaluate hands