[NL20-NL50] NL50sh - A8o vs aggro regular.

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hey All!

Villain: 26/22/50h 14% 3bet. 18 AF

Preflop:
      I was even doubting to open it up here. Should I? He did 3B me the hand before so my thoughts are like this: 'He won't like to bluff me this time because I could easily play back since he did 3b me just the hand before'. Is this correct? He tanked for a while and then called my openraise so I didn't rly gave him credit for AJ, PP's , QK etc.

Flop:
      Looks standard to me. I think there is more value in check/call and let him be aggro

Turn:
      I was ready to check/call

River:
      Now he bets... I don't see many 5x in his range. I showed a lot of weakness. Yeah he could have rivered two pair but even then he could check flop with a weak ace or continue betting turn if he bets flop with it. I called and payed of his SC which hit the straight.

Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2050149
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

MP: $90.65
      Hero (CO): $52.17
      BTN: $59.78
      SB: $147.24
      BB: $61.85
      UTG: $23.29

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is CO with 8 :spade: A :diamond:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1.37, BTN calls $1.37, 2 folds

Flop: ($3.49) 2 :club: K :spade: A :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $2.25, Hero calls $2.25

Turn: ($7.99) 4 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($7.99) 3 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $5.75, Hero calls $5.75
  • 5 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop shuld be a fold with this villain. Usually everyone multitables so i dint think he cares too much abt the single table dynamic.

Betting flop is standard liek u would with most of your range. Checking turns your hand face up against an aggro guy.

As played i dont see how u can fold. It is goig to be aj at a9 fairly often but he bluffs some small percentagr of the time and he could potentially valuwbet worse aces too from what seems to be a king given ur passivity.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Preflop shuld be a fold with this villain. Usually everyone multitables so i dint think he cares too much abt the single table dynamic.

Yes that's true but do you rly think he forgets that he did 3B me last hand? I pay attention to this and bluff almost never 2x in a row unless villain his foldto3B is extremely exploitable.

What do you open by default in the CO? A7o+? With aggro guys or loose guys (fish) maybe A9o+? And with nittier guys A2o+ I suppose?

Betting flop is standard liek u would with most of your range. Checking turns your hand face up against an aggro guy.

Why is this standard? Because I bet air here? Sure, but why care about balancing in this spot when we have such a small sample on him, and he such a small sample on us? I think we also should have a check/call range because we also check/fold now and then with total misses like 78hh and this hand looks great to play check/call with. I was planning to check/call 3 times so he can't rly exploit me by barreling.

As played i dont see how u can fold. It is goig to be aj at a9 fairly often but he bluffs some small percentagr of the time and he could potentially valuwbet worse aces too from what seems to be a king given ur passivity.

Cool to hear! I even discounted AJ, AT etc because those hands are obv preflop calls and he even went into the bank before calling me open. 45s also made since for this.

I think is CC is rly leaky tbh so I made a note on it. In his shoes I would fold 45s but probably 3B without the aggro image. Thoughts about this? And would you 4bet in my shoes ones he 3bets? (As I mentioned I would again just fold).
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Maybe and maybe not. For me personally i ignore such stuff cos i play huge number of tables but four tabling regs are way more concerned abt such details.

When u have small sample dont take lines which put u in a spot whete u are compeltely lost. If he three bareels u whats ur plan? Betting flop to cc blank turn makes it much easier for u to hand read vs him with ur limited info.

When u check flop without info, he could have any two or he could only habe the nuts. When he bets

But if u bet flop we roughly know his range is ax kx gutshots and flushdraws after calling flop
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      u are compeltely lost. If he three bareels u whats ur plan?

Well, my plan was to x/c 3 times and I thought this decision made more sense and was a lot easier than bet flop, x/c turn and then have a tough river decision.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Well cc thrice would be a read based play imo (u knowinf he is aggro enuff for three barrel bluffs).

I think its fine as long as u know ur gameplan for the entire hand. Just note that checking gurns ur hand faceup (if u checked here vs me i would use very good frequencies for value betting and bluffing your obvious weak ax hand) so thats something u are sacrificing when u take this checking line