This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50sh - Facing small 3bets

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hey All!

Villain: Kinda unknown. His stack looks fishy but his stats seems normal over 15-20 hands.

Preflop:
      What do you guys think about these small 3bets? Mostly nuthands which want you to call? That's how I feel about it but I'm not sure wheter I should. I did call, I can't lay down such a pretty hand... What range would u call? Like any hand exept for ATo, KTo, KJo, QTo, QJo? So call any suited hand and AJ+, QK+? And yeah PP obv.

Flop:
      We flop a GS with two overs. What should be our plan when he bets? I was rlyyyy thinking hard about this spot but couldn't come up with a good answer. Since I think people's small 3bets vs MP are mostly strong I'd probably check/fold though. How would 1 club on the flop affect your thoughts?

Turn:
      He could easily have checked AQ/AK on the flop so I have to bet here I guess?

River:
      If he called my turnbet quickly I would have check/fold a blank river and continue betting any hit. If he would think OTT for a while I'd probably still continue with another 2/3th potbet.

Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2050153
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (MP): $50.75
      CO: $69.07
      BTN: $47.63
      SB: $68.86
      BB: $120.42
      UTG: $23.23

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is MP with Q :club: K :club:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $1.50, 1 fold, BTN raises to $4, 2 folds, Hero calls $2.50

Flop: ($8.75) 3 :spade: J :heart: 9 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($8.75) 7 :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $5, BTN raises to $13, Hero folds
  • 5 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi. Preflop is so dependent on player but this is pretty much fhe best hand u can defend vs a three bet with.

Dont think he bluff raises turn so i wont fight back. I wouldnt mind barreling river if he calls, but again this is a player dependent spot. Would he herocall ak high here? Would he call once and fold? Does he have 9x here and would he call twice? :f_frown:
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Yep it's a really tough spot I agree.

Questions:
      - What would u call preflop?
      - What would you do vs a flop CB?
      - What would you do on the river if you had to pick something?

Tnx
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      This size is on the small side but he is unknown i just call aq ajs kqs bu default and fourbet or fold the eest.

Vs a flopcbet on this board i woild float once and fold turn.

Dont know what u mean by river action.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Okay thanks. You would float ones because he could have AK/AQ and you think he's giving up the turn?

With riveraction I ment: What would you do in this spot after he calls turn (just an assumption)? Do you continue bluffing? When, when not?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Yes.

And i would bluff river too with a 2/3 pot bet. I likr thr aggro options and if u fail u create some aggro dynamic anyway and gain some reads.