Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hey All!

Villains:
      BB - 29/23/40h. Aggro, ~unknown reg.
      BTN - 72/6/76h limp/call 70% 50% foldtocbet

Preflop:
      I'm not really sure what to do here. I think it's a fold because:
      - BTN is shortstacked (not too much implieds)
      - BB isn't passive/fishy.

What range would you isoraise with? What hands would you call with?
      Since he didn't like to fold postflop either I'd tend to call most suited hands like J8s, 78s, Q8s, A2s-A7s. And raise like A8o+ (fold lower AXo), A7s+, KTo+ (fold K9o), QTo+, TJo+, TJs+. Advise is welcome here!

Flop:
      Standard.

Turn:
      I think BB is ALWAYS giving up ones I lead the turn unless he has made 2p or a set on the turn. BTN has a really wide range so he can't have much either. I take a stab and hope to get some value from draws which BTN can have (also GS for example)

River:
      His bet is really polarizing obv. I never saw him bet this big before... I even think I never saw him bluffing before. It doesn't make much sense though. 0 draws arrive till the river so he's repping 2 pair+. He can have made that on turn+river or maybe K5 (which he showed)? So combowise we could maybe find a call although I think potbets are most of the time NUTS unless we're up against a spewfish. Because of this reason it's probably a fold.

Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 2050170
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $23.99
      Hero (SB): $50.00
      BB: $50.00
      UTG: $54.07
      CO: $57.46

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is SB with 4 :diamond: 4 :heart:
      2 folds, BTN calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.25, BB checks

Flop: ($1.50) 5 :diamond: 8 :diamond: Q :heart: (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($1.50) 3 :spade: (3 players)
      Hero bets $1, BB folds, BTN calls $1

River: ($3.50) K :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $5, Hero calls $5
  • 10 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Nv folding pre. I think completig is the best play vs this halfstack.
      Iso hin with broadways and limp most semiplayable hands. Your odds are really good and we want to play more pots vs the fish

I will just check down and hope for the best. Ee have a tiny amt of showdown value with our babh pair. U can always turn other worse hnds into bluffs
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      What about my thinking process on turn/river? What's wrong?

And can you correct:
      I'd tend to call most suited hands like J8s, 78s, Q8s, A2s-A7s. And raise like A8o+ (fold lower AXo), A7s+, KTo+ (fold K9o), QTo+, TJo+, TJs+. Advise is welcome here!
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      On river i prefer bluffing myself i dont see him having too many qx and kx hands.

Once he overbets i fold by default. Assumption abt fish is that they are lassive and overbets mean massive strength so fold untol he proves that hes capable of big bluffs.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Ur pf gameplan is reasonable. Big cards are better for isoraising. I probably tighten up vs a half stsck though so i complete a8o etc and just usoraise broadways. I may conplete even more middle suoted cards like 7Ts
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Ur pf gameplan is reasonable. Big cards are better for isoraising. I probably tighten up vs a half stsck though so i complete a8o etc and just usoraise broadways. I may conplete even more middle suoted cards like 7Ts

Thanks!

Once he overbets i fold by default. Assumption abt fish is that they are lassive and overbets mean massive strength so fold untol he proves that hes capable of big bluffs.

Thought so. Gave away some moneyz :(

On river i prefer bluffing myself i dont see him having too many qx and kx hands.

That's true, I wasn't rly think about that. So that's because u think he has 5x and 8x often?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Yea i think he has 5x and 8x mostly when he calls turn and checks flop. I dont really wanna cc too.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hey, 1 more thing which is unclear to me,

Why exactly do you dislike a turnstab? Do you rly think they have the best hand in like more than 25% of the case? I think I have like 80% of the time the best hand and I want to protect that.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      It isnt that badbut i think checkig is better

But i think there are better hands to bluff with (hands w less sd value and more equity to improe on river).

Also board is moderatelt coordinated. They could have draws or some midpair very easily.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      It wasn't really a bluff?

Protection + Thin value?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      U are not geting thin value. Thin value means that u are barely ahead of their clingranges on the turn (like if u have 50-55% equity vs those ranges). I think u are an underdog when called if u bet w 44. Vs a range of 5x 8x and draws