[NL20-NL50] NL50sh - 84s, freeplay!

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hey All!

Villain: Fish over small sample, he plays 1 table. I don't know how aggro he is.

Flop:
      I lead here with FD's as a semi-bluff obv. I assume this is standard.

Turn:
      I didn't saw FE tbh, even all his draws beat me. I was thinking for a while but I thought check/fold was too weak because I also have the GS. My idea was to blockbet and avoid him to bet and give me bad odds.

River:
      Now I think: Okay let's bluff him of all his draws and maybe some 6x. Do you like this? Maybe bet just halfpot?

Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2050181
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $50.25
      Hero (BB): $72.70
      UTG: $51.23
      MP: $157.03
      CO: $15.81
      BTN: $57.68

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BB with 8 :heart: 4 :heart:
      2 folds, CO calls $0.50, 2 folds, Hero checks

Flop: ($1.25) Q :heart: 6 :heart: J :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1, CO calls $1

Turn: ($3.25) 7 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1, CO calls $1

River: ($5.25) J :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3, CO raises to $6, Hero folds
  • 9 replies
    • DannyJQ
      DannyJQ
      Bronze
      After u showed weakness on turn I dont like the river bluff :O I don't think he would fold any kind of pair here.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi. Just pot turn and rivrr i think u have some fe on turn still.

As mentioned by danny your line doesnt rep much. The jack hitd his range beyter than it hits urs. Hr still nv folds anything besides busted draws. Just cf.

If u want to bluff a fish off his busred draws just bet one third pot that should suffice.

I suggest u count combos and determine ur fold equity. And if u want to barrel the river anyway why should u bet so sma on the turn? Doesnt make any sense at all. U would want to build the pot on earlier streets then take it away later
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DannyJQ
      After u showed weakness on turn I dont like the river bluff :O
      Yes, that was also my thinking. But what if he has 89, 9T, KT, K9, AhXh, AdXd, KhXh, KdXd and so on... He can't rly call right? :)
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      Hi. Just pot turn and rivrr i think u have some fe on turn still.

As mentioned by danny your line doesnt rep much. The jack hitd his range beyter than it hits urs. Hr still nv folds anything besides busted draws. Just cf.

If u want to bluff a fish off his busred draws just bet one third pot that should suffice.
      I turn potbet is an option yes! This is to make him fold GS's and random floats? Still I don't think he folds 30% or more of all his combo's he calls flop with so this shouldn't be great? Or is it because we have good EQ that we don't need like 50% FE?

Can u also read me last post (Where I answered Danny)? Ow okay 1/3th you say. I was afraid he'll herocall Ahi FD's, don't u think so?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      1) we can barrel rivers still
      2) if we hit the pot is bigger.

I just think ur actions on turn and river are incoherent.

If u want to make a cheap turn bet u should.not bet the river for sure. And the only thing the small turnbet achieved was to set a cheap drawing price for urself.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      1) we can barrel rivers still

So you ever bluff rivers vs him? Can you give an example? Because I wouldn't probably :P

2) if we hit the pot is bigger.

Looks like a solid argument yes!

If u want to make a cheap turn bet u should.not bet the river for sure.

Why? Sure it's incoherent but he still folds random draws as I mentioned above?

And the only thing the small turnbet achieved was to set a cheap drawing price for urself.

Well this was actually my argument for my small bet. So this is bad? But yeah I agree that our hand is strong enough to go for a pretty big turnbet.

1 more question: What do we do with 8h3h on the turn? Just check/fold?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      1) maybe this board isnt too good of an example cos there arent good cards to bkuff at. An ace or king coordinates the board further. U can consider bareeling some blnaks to fold oit draws and jx ( asuming he calls turn folds river with them). Or if he folds jx on turn then we have no need to barrel river.

2) if u wanna set a cheap price for urself take it and dont bet the river.

3) 8h3h ? Whats the diff ? I actually thimk betting small vs a passive guy is fine like u did but wo the river bet. Or bwtting larger if u roughly knoe how he plays various portions of his range. Or even just cfing the turn.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      8h4h has 4 extra outs compared to 83hh
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Oh yes didnt even notice it

I assumed u had a bare fd earlier. Anyway having the extra four outs makes it easier of a bet on the turn but everything i said still stands.