Imimba1
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2050196
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG: $10.15 - VPIP: 24, PFR: 21, 3B: 5, AF: 7,0, Hands: 71
      MP: $16.01 - VPIP: 20, PFR: 12, 3B: 10, AF: 1,3, Hands: 82
      CO: $10.00 - VPIP: 16, PFR: 14, 3B: 5, AF: 3,3, Hands: 214
      BTN: $8.01 - VPIP: 35, PFR: 3, 3B: 0, AF: 3,8, Hands: 162
      SB: $9.46 - VPIP: 39, PFR: 11, 3B: 5, AF: 2,0, donk: 6% (without this hand), limp/fold:50%, wts:21, Hands: 281
      Hero (BB): $10.17 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 16, 3B: 4, AF: 2,0, Hands: 79271

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with A :spade: A :diamond:
      4 folds, SB calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.30, SB calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.60) 2 :heart: 8 :club: K :spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30

Turn: ($1.20) 8 :spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60

River: ($2.40) 7 :club: (2 players)
      SB bets $1.20, Hero calls $1.20

ez sztem wa.wb. lehet emelni kellett volna, hogy Kx-et stackeljem....
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Imimba,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: That's a really small donk % which makes me think that villain is on a stronger range of Kx+. the only question would be how many Kx that don't have 2p?

Depending on what we've seen from him in these 281 hands I'd either play it passive like you or raise for value and go with the hand.

One argument for playing it more passive is the fact that villain, surprisingly, has rarely gone to showdown so far so it's possible that he isn't as big of a calling station. However I still think that if he donks TP he won't fold it.

As played though, once the turn pairs the 8 and thus we now beat K2 and he rarely has K8 I would raise for value. If not the turn the river for sure.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Imimba,

Postflop: That's a really small donk % which makes me think that villain is on a stronger range of Kx+. the only question would be how many Kx that don't have 2p?

Depending on what we've seen from him in these 281 hands I'd either play it passive like you or raise for value and go with the hand.

One argument for playing it more passive is the fact that villain, surprisingly, has rarely gone to showdown so far so it's possible that he isn't as big of a calling station. However I still think that if he donks TP he won't fold it.

As played though, once the turn pairs the 8 and thus we now beat K2 and he rarely has K8 I would raise for value. If not the turn the river for sure.
      This WA/WB, my play is kind of silly: we win little, and we loose little. If we have 51% equity vs his range, we should simply raise. But he doesnt look like a CS, so maybe KJ, KT would fold once raised... This is a delicate situation.
      I agree with you, that the turn is a raise. But why dont you think he has a set? BEcause of the bet sizes?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Imimba1
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Imimba,

This WA/WB, my play is kind of silly: we win little, and we loose little. If we have 51% equity vs his range, we should simply raise. But he doesnt look like a CS, so maybe KJ, KT would fold once raised... This is a delicate situation.
      I agree with you, that the turn is a raise. But why dont you think he has a set? BEcause of the bet sizes?
      I doubt he folds Kx versus one raise especially if you don't make it too big (2.5-3x).