NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($5.77)
      BB ($3.68)
      UTG ($5.41)
      UTG+1 ($8.08)
      CO ($8.86)
      BTN ($4.10)

Dealt to Hero 6:club: 9:diamond:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.05, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.25, fold, UTG+1 calls $0.20

FLOP ($0.55) 8:heart: 3:heart: 5:spade:

Hero bets $0.38, UTG+1 folds

Hero shows 6:club: 9:diamond:

Hero wins $0.52

MP

BB
  • 15 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Dracsharp,

Preflop: Does MP limp/fold a lot? Our raise is definitely very thin and even though he folds half the time to cbets our hand is just junk and we play OOp which reduces our FE postflop.

I'm not a huge fan of this play here. If villain had a fold to cbet of let's say 70% then it gets closer (we can pretty much raise any two at that point).

With position it gets better but it's still thin.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      I wonder how many people have limp fold displayed like i do :)

Yes he limp 6% fold 60% of it especially to big raises, and if he ever calls in i know exactly what he has.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      I wonder how many people have limp fold displayed like i do :)

Yes he limp 6% fold 60% of it especially to big raises, and if he ever calls in i know exactly what he has.
      So he called here, what does he have? :)

And having limp/fold on your hud or popup is crucial when you play fish infested games.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      No one ever told me that before ;) , i just sat down one afternoon and made a hud which is color coded based on optimal ranges, obvious tweaked it many times, but i rarely have to open the popup.

I always saw people play with relatively simple hud in videos.

It has 39 stats :I
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      You placed all those stats on the HUD?

You should try to minimize the number of stats that you see upfront and use popups.

For example limp fold could be under the VPIP popup although at these limits keeping on the HUD is fine (but that's an example you can use for the other stats as 39 seems a bit much).
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      They don't bother me, and organized them well so it's logical and easy to see. I have steal, fold to steal displayed and also for every position, co,bu,sb, fold sb ,bb because people do the most random things. 10% co open with 100% sb open, or fold sb 95% but call bb always.

Goodnight
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      They don't bother me, and organized them well so it's logical and easy to see. I have steal, fold to steal displayed and also for every position, co,bu,sb, fold sb ,bb because people do the most random things. 10% co open with 100% sb open, or fold sb 95% but call bb always.

Goodnight
      I'd like to see a screenshot of one of your tables one day to see how 39 stats can show uP :)
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze

I think you can even guess almost all especially with representative stat, i actually took out 2 this morning which took about 10k sample to be useful.

Purple normal , orange tight/passive, red very tight/passive , yellow loose/aggressive , green very loose/aggressive
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Interesting :)

To be honest with you it's the first time I see such a big HUD but if it works for you that's good.

Personally I prefer to have a lot of these stats on popups for a couple of reasons:

A) less clutter
      B) it forces me to take an extra second before acting and while I look for the stat in a popup (I know where to look but still takes 1-2 seconds to get to it) you can also think more about the hand.

Of course to each it's own :)
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      I use stacked tables too, so i really minimize eye movement. I have a huge table open taking up 2/5 of 23 inch my monitor, and if i use popup it is mainly to check sample size.

There are pros and cons to and it it surely takes some getting used to, it can feel like they always call your bluffs because you rarely actually see them fold to it, but least once you start adding more tables every other alternative is worse, also good fix for result oriented thinking.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      I can see how this can work with stacking tables.

How many tables do you normally play at once?
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Used to play lot more when i was doing fr 8-12, now days min 4-6 6max, if the game is not doing well i see no reason to just spam tables in even if they are great. Thinking is important here not making 5$.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Yeh, ideally you'd want to keep the number of tables on the lower end so you don't just auto pilot.

Are all your sessions the same? Open X tables and play Y hours?

My regular recommendation is to split your sessions into:

A) Grinding session
      B) Study session - in a study session you play even less tables and concentrate on things you need to improve on but don't really have a ton of time for while grinding (more detailed hand reading, player profiling, etc).
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      They could last long, if i get tired only usually at night or distracted then i better do something else.

I don't see a reason to grind nl5, i aim to get to a more reasonable limit, nl5 level mistakes should be payed on nl5.

So i would call all my sessions study session, initially i just wanted to grind over this limit but i am quite happy with starting at micros now, and the plan changed.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      They could last long, if i get tired only usually at night or distracted then i better do something else.

I don't see a reason to grind nl5, i aim to get to a more reasonable limit, nl5 level mistakes should be payed on nl5.

So i would call all my sessions study session, initially i just wanted to grind over this limit but i am quite happy with starting at micros now, and the plan changed.
      I didn't mean grind in the "regular" sense but rather sessions where you play your normal number of tables and are looking to get hands in (for volume and bankroll).

If you already have the roll and are looking to just improve your skill level before you go to 10nl then you can just do the study sessions (but volume is still important).