This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] against aggressive player reraise

• daisuke3823
      daisuke3823
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

ハンドをプレーする

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Known players:
      BU (Hero):
      $26.12
      SB:
      $99.66
      BB:
      $13.17
      MP2:
      $25.82
      MP3:
      $15.56
      CO:
      $20.06

Preflop: Hero is BU with 9, 9.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.62, SB raises to $2.00, BB folds, Hero calls $1.38.

Flop: ($4.25) 6, 4, 8 (2 players)
      SB bets $2.85, Hero calls $2.85.

Turn: ($9.95) 2 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($9.95) J (2 players)
      SB bets $5.00, Hero calls $5.00.

Final Pot: $19.95.

his stats in 282 hands  vpip30 pfr22 af4,2 wtsd32 w$sd44 3BET7,8 FLOP CB50 in 3 bet pot   turn CB0 in 3 bet pot

he used to second barrel with second pair,he reraised with K8o,he reraised me 3 times in total and I folded twice.

his reraise looked like bluff.
      my turn check was okey?
  • 6 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Daisuke,

Preflop: Considering his small 3-bet and stack sizes I don't mind the call.

Postflop: Any reason as to why we check behind? Do we expect him to bluff the river? Or are we afraid of a ck/raise?

Since he is very aggro over this sample it's possible that he is trying to bluff that river one more time or valuebet 8x so calling is fine.
    • daisuke3823
      daisuke3823
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Daisuke,

Postflop: Any reason as to why we check behind? Do we expect him to bluff the river? Or are we afraid of a ck/raise?

Since he is very aggro over this sample it's possible that he is trying to bluff that river one more time or valuebet 8x so calling is fine.
      I was afraid of check/raise on the turn so I checked.
      should I bet?
    • daisuke3823
      daisuke3823
      Bronze
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by daisuke3823
      Hi Daisuke,

should I bet?
      What do you expect him to ck/raise the turn with?

Just value or bluffs as well? What value hands would ck/raise there?
    • daisuke3823
      daisuke3823
      Bronze
      Hi Daisuke,

should I bet?

cannot imagine any hand that check raise me :f_o:
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Daisuke,

should I bet?

cannot imagine any hand that check raise me :f_o:
      Well, you said you are afraid of a ck/raise so you should start to think about a range that could ck/raise there and see how you would do versus it :)

For example, since he is so aggro, and maybe we have some history we may expect him to ck/raise semi-bluffs, some b luffs and value in which case we can go with the hand. If he was a nitty guy we'd expect ck-raise with fewer bluffs and more value.