Coming Back To The Game Since Black Friday... Need Suggestions

• BuffettNH
      BuffettNH
      Bronze
      I am a US player, so Black Friday hit hard. For the few months prior to that I started to beef up my learning curve. Being an avid live player and doing well for many years with coaching since 2005, I wanted to make a transition to playing online a more consistent reality as part of my self employment in 2011. I had profitable years in 2009, 2010 playing online micro games. SNG MTT NL, etc. I was lucky enough to get my 2011 $2200 winnings out of FTP just a week before they went bust.

So here it is almost 2 years later. During that time I have played 75 live games /tournaments and only a few on Black Chip. I am getting the itch to play again online more so. I want to focus on SNG MTT Micro and go from there.

At this point I am assuming the poker community has changed for online. I need to start over from scratch with my learning curve. I am looking for suggestions on where to start my education. Of course I mean on this site, but I am flooded with videos. I have read Moshmans work in the past and like it. I am a good live player, so I am sure I suck online now, lol.

On a flip note, how does everyone feel about being in a better position knowledge wise once the US reopens online poker? I am assuming this is years away, but I have to assume it will be a feast for the experienced players vs the out of tune and fresh players to the online US market when the time comes.

Appreciate the assistance!
      Jason
  • 7 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey Jason,

First of all, happy new year to you and a big welcome to PokerStrategy.com!

Good to have you here and I truly hope you enjoy being here and being a regular in our awesome community! Black Friday was tough for us all and I can only imagine how difficult it was for you guys in the USA.

Poker is an ever evolving game as you well know and have said so it is probably fair to say that when it does return to the US that players will need to freshen up if they haven't been playing live, etc.

Our educational offer is action packed as you have said, we have strategy articles, videos, live coachings, hand evaluation forums and most importanly a great community with members and moderators who are here to help you. Basically every tool you need to get back into the game as smoothly as possible!

Since you signed up, you've probably already seen this link Inside contains our subscription service tailored for our American players :) I believe there is a package their for every individual player. Take a look and see for yourself!

Good to have you on board Jason!

Best regards,
      Gary
    • BuffettNH
      BuffettNH
      Bronze
      Very good, thank you.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      I'll just move this thread to the more relevant board now that you've replied Jason :)

Once again, a big welcome to PokerStrategy.com! If you ever need any help just shout as we are always here to help!

Best wishes,
      Gary
    • PSBallin
      PSBallin
      Basic
      Even though I'm from Europe I'm in a similar situation because following the Black Friday events I simply lost the motivation to play but have also considered returning to play. I'm just curious... what's the best place to play microstakes cash games right now? My first guess would be PokerStars, but perhaps there are some better picks with lower skill floor.
    • BuffettNH
      BuffettNH
      Bronze
      One thing that is hitting me is the amount of videos.

I want to work on my SNG & MTT play. Low stakes. I want to concentrate of Nash & ICM.

Knowing this, how can I find the right video? I am wondering if you already have a guide on the site that points out what I am looking for.

Of course I see videos on SNG, MTT, ICM, etc. But I see a LOT of them too. I feel like I am missing a chronological order to follow.

thanks!
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PSBallin
      Even though I'm from Europe I'm in a similar situation because following the Black Friday events I simply lost the motivation to play but have also considered returning to play. I'm just curious... what's the best place to play microstakes cash games right now? My first guess would be PokerStars, but perhaps there are some better picks with lower skill floor.
      Hey there PSBallin,

Welcome to the community!

We have a dedicated thread right here where one of our team will help you choose the best/most suitable room for you :)

Check out the opening post, copy the template and put your requirements in there and boom!

Best regards,
      Gary
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BuffettNH
      One thing that is hitting me is the amount of videos.

I want to work on my SNG & MTT play. Low stakes. I want to concentrate of Nash & ICM.

Knowing this, how can I find the right video? I am wondering if you already have a guide on the site that points out what I am looking for.

Of course I see videos on SNG, MTT, ICM, etc. But I see a LOT of them too. I feel like I am missing a chronological order to follow.

thanks!
      Hey again,

We have a dedicated thread here that helps you find the relevant video/s that you require Jason :)

Just post in there and one of the team will answer you as soon as they can and point you in the right direction!