[NL2-NL10] nl2 hero AdQc

• MeAmor22
      MeAmor22
      Bronze
      hy,
      Party, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 9 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $0.92 (46 bb)
      MP2: $3.55 (177.5 bb)
      Hero (MP1): $2.04 (102 bb)
      UTG+2: $2.53 (126.5 bb)
      MP3: $4.46 (223 bb)
      CO: $1.42 (71 bb)
      BTN: $0.68 (34 bb)
      UTG+1: $2 (100 bb)
      BB: $0.98 (49 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A Q
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, 5 folds, BB raises to $0.14, Hero calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.29) 3 9 2 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.14, Hero calls $0.14

Turn: ($0.57) 8 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.27, Hero calls $0.27

River: ($1.11) 2 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.43 and is all-in, Hero folds

Results:
      $1.11 pot ($0.05 rake)
      Final Board: 3 9 2 8 2
      Hero mucked A Q and lost (-$0.55 net)
      BB mucked and won $1.06 ($0.51 net)

1)PF i should have folded against his min 3bet because of his stack.
      As i played i think i should have pushed on flop.I played like this on flop and turn because in my mind i had the implied odds to call for a flush( but as i sayed for me he has a FS not a SS)
      ty
  • 4 replies
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Hi,

Why do you want to fold preflop? We have the second best non-pair hand, and we are minraised by a potentially fishy guy =\

Postflop: I think that you have the right odds to call, considering his bet-sizing. Have you actually calculated your odds?

Seems like a good hand to me :)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

You likely can´t fold to min-raise AQ, so b/c is ok.

I would prefer getting all-in on the flop. You have very good equity against anything, you likely would fold out AK without clubs and you don´t get bluffed out by worse hands. I would prefer making it 0.45$ and putting him all-in any turn card.

As played: if you don´t shove turn you can maybe consider calling river. Board run out ok and unless he turns his AK into bluff you should be still ahead his air and often AK or even smaller overpairs would check river

best regards,
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      As played: if you don´t shove turn you can maybe consider calling river. Board run out ok and unless he turns his AK into bluff you should be still ahead his air and often AK or even smaller overpairs would check river
      Hi Kaitz,

Are we really calling the river against an unknown ?(

First thing that comes to my mind when I see NL2 and 49 bb stack is a :f_p:

And a :f_p: has a ton of 8x and 9x in it's min-3bet range. Moreover, an ordinary :f_p: is rarely capable of barreling all the way long with air.

Finally, even if we were against a non-:f_p: player, I still can't see why we would call here with A-high Q-kicker. In the end, people 3bet suited connectors and pockets as well, which will almost always have at least something here.

Best regards,

German
    • schiyza
      schiyza
      Bronze
      Hey there from Czech rep. ;)
      By my opinion, this is mandatory shove Flop - we have best equity (due to the streets; better shove flop than turn because of two facts - on the turn we have less equity, and Villain is more commited). And also against his range, on the flop we have very often 51%+ (51% is against something like 9T).
      Next positive of shove is, that ve are aggresive, and we want to make aggresive dynamics.
      On the river, i would like never call.

And about preflop: never ever fold to this minraise!

GL @ll!