[NL2-NL10] [Nl2 Sh] TT overpair vs. an aggressive fish

• Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BTN): $2 (100 bb)
      SB: $1.61 (80.5 bb)
      BB: $2 (100 bb)
      CO: $1.98 (99 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with T T
      CO folds, Hero raises to $0.06, SB folds, BB calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.13) 5 9 2 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.08, BB raises to $0.22, Hero calls $0.14

Turn: ($0.57) K (2 players)
      BB bets $0.36, Hero calls $0.36

River: ($1.29) 7 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

The villain is fishy with a normal aggression level over a small sample size.

Do you like flop/turn calling?

The only thing I'm afraid on the flop is a set, but a fish might c-r cbets with god knows what, and 9x are all definitely there.

Turn is getting real close...I still decided that his 60% bet doesn't really look like a set that wants to stack me on the river, but rather a 9x (or even 88).

On the river I know that I'm most likely ahead, but I just don't think he will call. Plus he might have caught a king on the turn after raising me with nothing, although I believe he would often bet again with a K.
  • 4 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop raising is fine.

On the flop cbetting is fine.
      When he raises calling and planning to call most of the turn cards is fine.

Following our flop plan, calling the turn is good.

I don't mind checking behind on the river here although we can put sme bet like $0.5 for thin value here.

Best,
      Plamen
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Hi Plamen,

Could you please explain why it is fine to call his flop raise and most turn cards? I'm just not very sure that my logic of unlikely sets is correct, so I would like to hear your reasoning too :)

Thank you.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Overall the board is dry-ish, also you said that the villain is a fish. Considering that also his raise is small and we have position I think calling here is good since he could even be raising some 9x or so for value.

Also, there aren't really too many hands that beat us here - two pairs are very unlikely so only sets could beat us here in my opinion.
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Cheers. I just tend to make right decisions with a wrong reasoning quite often :)