$2.00
      BU:
      $4.11
      SB:
      $2.00
      BB:
      $1.40

Preflop: Hero is CO with J, J.
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, 2 folds, BB calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.17) 2, 5, 4 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.12, BB raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.18.

Turn: ($0.77) 6 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0.77) 8 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $0.77.
      Results follow:

BB shows high card queen(Q T).
      Hero shows a pair of jacks(J J).

Hero wins with a pair of jacks(J J).

Villain stats are 23/17 with AF 2 over 170 hands, he is kinda fishy to me as I have seen him going in pots with allot of trashy hands

called his check raise on the flop just for that reason I think he isnt that good many times and I think I had showdown value vs him, turn and river cards are somewhat ugly for me so I checked behind on the turn and river, though now I think I should have maybe raised on the river for value, if he had anything good he wouldnt check it on 2 streets just in hope I bet...

what would be correct move if I did raise river for value and I got raised? snap fold or just call concerning his range is bad?

thanks
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Lavek,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: Considering the information your basing your decision on it is fine. What's your plan if he continues with aggression on the turn?

As played he could be raising some pockets on that flop or just pure bluffs that are giving up. So I can see ourselves bet/folding the turn
    • HrabriLavek
      HrabriLavek
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Lavek,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: Considering the information your basing your decision on it is fine. What's your plan if he continues with aggression on the turn?

As played he could be raising some pockets on that flop or just pure bluffs that are giving up. So I can see ourselves bet/folding the turn
      Hi thanks for you comment,

If he continued with his agression on the turn, regarding that card I would put him on some kind of a straight that he lucked out on or a set(usually on these limits check raise on flop screams set but somehow I didnt believe him) and I would probably fold right there if his turn bet would be somewhere like 3/4 pot or more...if the bet was weak Id still like to take my jacks to showdown and just called the turn and see what happens on the river
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Against guys that seems aggro only on one street I would call flop and expect them to give up a lot on the turn. So when they do continue (without history) we should be inclined to fold.