loose aggressive

• twoseven27
      twoseven27
      Bronze
      Hi i just joined and got my $50 yesterday and ive got up to $70 in 0.05-0.10 ring games but i play loose aggressive unlike the advice from the articles which suggests tight aggressive.

I think i am a good post flop player and i steal many hands aggressively on the flop so this play really works for me, and it creates alot of action on the table so when i have a hand like AA or KK i get paid off because people dont believe i have a hand. Loose aggressive is my strategy and are there any other players out there that play this style :D .. c u at the tables

twoseven27
  • 15 replies
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Many people play LaG style. I'm not sure about using it on NL10 though as a beginner. LaG is very swingy, and if your playing BSS, you only have 7 buyins atm. So you are risking everything, even pro's have downswings. Easy come easy go imo. check out the BRM article.

Be careful!
      Stiev
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Sebra
      You will go broke faster than you can say "variance".
    • arjun2001
      arjun2001
      Bronze
      Nothing wrong with LAG style, but play $0.01/0.02 or 0.02/0.05....
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

i can't recommend to play lag style on micro limits. Your opponents are simply too bad to fold. You get paid of regardless of the style you are playing. Playing lag style increases the variance and a downswing will hit you harder. Seriously, don't do it. Play nitty tag style and you will have constant winnings.
      Something even more important: Stick to the bankroll management! If you play BSS on NL10 you have just 5 stacks. Counted together with playing lag I would make this prognosis: You will be broke in just a few days.

Please read this:http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/no-limit/825/

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Yea don't play LAG on microlimits, your opponents just notice your style of play if you're a maniac, and many players call with middle pairs, overcards, etc...
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      I was successful 55/24/6 back in the days. I was very successful with LAG type of play at NL25 limits, had about 13BB/100hands per 33k hands, I played like 120 sessions and almost none of them was loosing, every session I played I won(I was loosing 1-2 buyins in a row but then winning more in the same ssession), that were good times, however this is very difficult mentally, because sometiems you go all-in with very marginal hands postflop with often are only 60-70% to win. After loosing about 6 buyins in a row in the last session I went on a huge tilt and lost 3/4 of my bankroll, that was 1st and the very loosing session :-) I was not ready for such downsing mentally, now some years passed, I learned a lot and I think it's better not to try and make over your mental indexes but play more conservative style, which is more profitable in the long run.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      6BI's is no downswing for LaG style. I can imagine 30-40 downswings to be frequent in Laggy play, although I dont play that way. To not have one loosing session out of 120, playing LaG style, is absolute bull shit imo. I'm not calling you a liar, its just that I dont believe you. The whole paragraph you just wrote all sounds like lie's tbh. As the most of it is impossible!
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cannell555
      6BI's is no downswing for LaG style. I can imagine 30-40 downswings to be frequent in Laggy play, although I dont play that way. To not have one loosing session out of 120, playing LaG style, is absolute bull shit imo. I'm not calling you a liar, its just that I dont believe you. The whole paragraph you just wrote all sounds like lie's tbh. As the most of it is impossible!
      I said not no one, I said almost no. I don't really want to prove anything here, because I have no evidence, I didn't use any trackers that time, but if I continue playing LAG style I'll be collecting statistics now and then post it later in this thread for sure, in about 1 month. Also, my style is not completely LAG, it's semi-lag. What's the point for me to lie? It is very possible when you are playing on one and sometimes two tables, you have perfect reads, you have notes on every player, they players were so fishy back in the days there on CDPoker, you can't even imagine how fishy low limits were, now everything changed, every table is 20-30 and were 50-70.
    • shloogy
      shloogy
      Bronze
      i think we should mail Sklansky and Harrington to add this new style "SEMI LAG"
      into their books....

llolllllllsssss lolsaasl loaallsa lola bunny! boy that was a good one! semi lag...good times!
    • arjun2001
      arjun2001
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cannell555
      Pokerstars 180player MTTSNG strategy.

notice something similar>? :D
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      not really! what?
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      I was successful 55/24/6 back in the days.

:)
    • tehChipDonk
      tehChipDonk
      Bronze
      no point LAGing in the micros, you simply cant beat stations with LAG and the micro limits are filled with stations.....
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      I play BBS on the micro limits, with multiabling and some adaptations of the SHC: i call 22-99 even in early position (because i win so much if i hit that it doesn't hurt me too much if someone raises behind and i have to fold imo) and i fold suited connectors in MP3 and late position if i only have one caller in front.

BBS is more my style than SSS, but playing really loose on the micro limits is the worst thing you can do. You win small pots and lose big ones, because the calling stations will just call your nothing down with a low pair. Rather wait, play tight, and get payd off on your monster hands by them holding low and middle pairs.

LaG style is definitely losing in the micros. And 50$ in NL10 is way off bankroll management. You'll say goodbye to your money soon if you don't change to NL5 and play tighter.

gen
    • brundoo
      brundoo
      Bronze
      playing BSS on NL10 with bankroll 50 $ is suicide!

If you'r trying to get lucky and win quickly go with whole bankroll on NL 50....

LOL :)