[NL20-NL50] 87o trips 6way

• AchillesBG
      AchillesBG
      Gold
      Prima, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $35.52 (71 bb)
      SB: $68.21 (136.4 bb)
      Hero (BB): $54.98 (110 bb)
      UTG: $52 (104 bb)
      MP: $57.60 (115.2 bb)
      CO: $54.41 (108.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7:heart: 8:spade:
      UTG raises to $1.50, MP calls $1.50, CO calls $1.50, BTN calls $1.50, SB calls $1.25, Hero calls $1

Flop: ($9) 8:heart: 2:diamond: 8:diamond: (6 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $5, 3 folds, BTN calls $5, SB folds

Turn: ($19) T:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $10, Hero folds

Results: $19 pot ($0.95 rake)
      Final Board: 8:heart: 2:diamond: 8:diamond: T:diamond:
      BTN mucked and won $18.05 ($11.55 net)
      Hero mucked 7:heart: 8:spade: and lost (-$6.50 net)

Anon. table.

BTN was unknown, probably fish.

I think bet/folding is ok here? Size?

On the turn i don`t see many worse hands calling or betting, so i ch/f?
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Although you get some insane odds, I am tempted by a preflop fold with 78o.. It's a call if you are certain of your abilities to maneuvre in these multiway pots.

As played, I would lead a lot bigger on the flop. Bet close to pot and continue from there. Even when you bet so small, I think turn might still be a thin value bet with your trips. If you check, what are you expecting him to check back and what are you expecting him to bet? If you bet, he still calls pair + a diamond imo, maybe 86, 85 depending on how fishy he is with his preflop range.
    • AchillesBG
      AchillesBG
      Gold
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      If you check, what are you expecting him to check back and what are you expecting him to bet? If you bet, he still calls pair + a diamond imo, maybe 86, 85 depending on how fishy he is with his preflop range.
      I don`t want to lead bigger on the flop, because i don`t want to isolate myself only vs. stronger hands? It`s still strong to lead into 5 ppl, even with this size.

About the fishy guy:
      I expect him to call me with trips (most of them stronger), boats, FD and maybe 66-JJ.

As a default, i assume he is passive, so i excpect him to check back all pairs except maybe JJ, but this is small part of his range and to bet trips/boats/flushes. I might be able to make another value bet, but i thought that i could do that on blank rivers if he checks back.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Leading any size is strong like you said, so just lead bigger for value. It doesn't change their range, most of them should be fishy anyway, especially BU. I don't think you get called by stronger trips too often because most of them can actually raise for value so most of the hands will be pairs, flushdraws and about a 50/50 ratio of better and worse trips or close to it.