This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 99 sb 10NL

• iamheuru
      iamheuru
      Basic
      I used to play poker 2 years ago but it was all fixed limit, Over the xmass I was bored and put €10 on 888 to donk around and ran it up to ~250 so I started playing 10nl now and feel like the biggest fish at the table :) I want to try and learn this game as I am enjoying it for the most part but there are a lot of situations where I am at a complete loss what to do, and why that is better over any other option.

Here is a link to the hand, It would not convert in the hand converter for me.

http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/4798252

CO is 56/35 over ~50 hands
      Btn is 39/10 over ~30 hands

My taughts on playing this hand were:

Pre flop:
      I didnt want to 3bet because I had seen CO jam with ATs before v's a 3bet, had I 3bet and he shoved or made it ~$4 I think I would have folded, I taught it was better to see the flop with the BTN is as well cause the btn seems like a poorer player.

On the flop:
      I bet out because I didnt want CO to check through his unpaired overcards giving him and the btn a chance to hit their outs. I also taught I would get value from 7x and 88 and A hi as well might call one street, I dont know,

On the turn:
      After being just called on the flop and it being 3 handed I expected CO to raise with over pairs, so I taught on the turn I was still ahead, I taught he could have hit the Q with overs and back door FD with the flop call, but I didnt know if betting or x/calling was better, because he might try to bet at the Q with some of the hands he peeled the flop with that didnt improve or if betting for value of 7x 88 and picked up :club: 's

again I have no clue whats best here or how to figure it out, I had planned on folding to a raise on the turn, which might be a reason to x/c as he might just bluff when x too.

On the river:
      For my 1st action on the river I hadnt a clue what to do at the table and ended up checking, i was thinking of betting small like $2.1 and hoping he just calls with 7x 88 and Qx(that was scared of me having better than 1pair), I timed down and checked.

When he bet, I was going to fold but, I didn't get raised on the flop or the turn and wasn't able to think of what value hands he had and was wondering if he was value betting a worse hand than mine, he bet almost the pot on the river as well. I called hoping between the times he was bluffing with :club: 's and was v betting a weaker hand I was good often enough.

Sorry for the wall of text, If anyone takes the time to read it all feedback is appreciated.
  • 1 reply
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

First I want to ask you to post the hands here in the thread. Thanks in advance.

Now to the hand:

Preflop calling is fine as long as you don't feel comfortable playing 3bet pot with this hand OOP and don't want to go broke.

On the flop I like donking here.

As played on the flop, betting the turn is good.

On the river I don't really like check/calling here. This way we leave him the chance to only bet his better hands and check back his weaker ones. Also, I don't really think people would call with overcards two streets often.
      I prefer betting here like 1/3 pot for value against PP and 66.

Best,
      Plamen