This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] AJ against mini raise flop

• mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      PartyGaming - $0.25 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 100 BB
      SB: 40.08 BB
      BB: 45.92 BB
      UTG: 45.56 BB
      MP: 95.48 BB
      Hero (CO): 116.72 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has J:spade: A:heart:

fold, fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, BTN calls 3 BB, fold, fold

Flop: (7.4 BB, 2 players) 2:club: A:club: 6:club:
      Hero bets 6 BB, BTN raises to 14 BB, fold

BTN wins 18.44 BB

7 hands on him.

Tough spot, so I fold. I did bet nearly pot size to avoid bluff raise, and to protect from fd (but how many fd call here if there is A on board? ). His mini raise confuses me, wouldnt he raise larger with set to protect?

Should I play the same if there is no fd on flop with identical cards against unknown?
  • 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

He's unknown, you have a weak hand vs his value + bluff range, just fold. I wouldn't bet as big as you did though unless I'm trying to get value from a calling station. You dont have that read so I would bet a more usual sizing of aroun 4.5-5bb.

Just think how you are doing against his range, you'll see the decision is quite easy here.

Without a flushdraw it's probably still a bet/fold. If the average aggression of your opponents is high, you might not fold to a raise.. Usually at NL25 it is a fold though..