BTN: 115.6 BB
      SB: 102.24 BB
      BB: 268.52 BB
      UTG: 100 BB
      Hero (MP): 404.16 BB
      CO: 93.4 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has A:heart: K:diamond:

UTG raises to 4 BB, Hero raises to 12 BB, fold, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls 8 BB

Flop: (25.4 BB, 2 players) Q:diamond: 9:spade: K:heart:
      UTG checks, Hero bets 12.08 BB, UTG calls 12.08 BB

Turn: (49.56 BB, 2 players) 4:spade:
      UTG checks, Hero bets 23.56 BB, fold

Hero wins 47.12 BB

1.4 k hands, VPiP 15, PFR 12. Fold to 3bet 77%, 4bet 2%. So his calling range is strong. Call cbet in 3bet pots 1/7, fold 6/7. It looks he doesnt fold flop only with good hands.

So is my cbet turn ok? In his range is also 99, QQ, I am not sure if he calls with AQ, JJ, TT. Anyway I planned to bet fold any street on this board.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi mlatasrb,

Preflop: with such a high fold to 3-bet and a tight overall open what's the purpose of our 3-bet? It's very thin at best (if we do it for value).

Postflop: As played he can possibly call flop with QA/TT/JJ so betting small on turn is fine. If we have any reason to believe that he folds easily (for example a low WTSD or high fold to turn cbet) we can even check back and look to bet any non Q/J/T river.
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      I dont get it why it is better to call preflop?
      I dont like calling AK, especially from MP, because other players might get in the pot, and AK multiway is not anymore so good.

Isn't it more profitable 3betting especially because he folds so much preflop, and when calls folds on flop? So I win money by hitting nothing.
      And If I just call preflop, I miss the flop 33% of time and then what? And sometimes I hit and win small pot, but sometimes he hits 2 pairs, set and I lose bigger pot...
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Calling is best cos u dont isolate urself vs steonger hands.

This tight guy rarely calls u with worse pf and what do u intend to do if he 4bets u? Folding seems weak and im not thrilled with getting it in toooo
      If its muliway its too bad but vs a 4bb open from a nit i dont think people are coming along for the ride too often.