[NL20-NL50] 50fr 45s BU

• AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 8 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

UTG+2: $47.50 (95 bb)
      MP1: $18.88 (37.8 bb)
      MP2: $62.64 (125.3 bb)
      MP3: $42.22 (84.4 bb)
      CO: $90.83 (181.7 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $62.47 (124.9 bb)
      SB: $50 (100 bb)
      BB: $26.05 (52.1 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 4 5
      2 folds, MP2 raises to $1.50, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.50, 2 folds

Flop: ($3.75) 3 3 T (2 players)
      MP2 bets $2, Hero raises to $7.05, MP2 calls $5.05

Turn: ($17.85) T (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero checks

River: ($17.85) 7 (2 players)
      MP2 bets $10, Hero folds

Results:
      $17.85 pot ($0.98 rake)
      Final Board: 3 3 T T 7
      MP2 mucked and won $16.87 ($8.32 net)
      Hero mucked 4 5 and lost (-$8.55 net)

VPIP: 20, PFR: 15, 3B: 7, AF: 2,4, Hands: 794

Trying to add some bluffs to my ranges.
      I thought it might be appropriate due to me having a couple of backdoors and the board being so dry and he had 90% Flop CBet.
      Didn't work, gave up.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi,

What's his PFR in UTG+1? I think that our call is a bit light even though he seems looser.

As played I don't like raising boards where we can't represent much. This is a perfect example of such board.

What range are we raising with? We almost never raise 33 or TT and we really don't have many Ax besides 2 combos of A3. So I'd be surprised if he folds a ton.

I much more prefer to call here (if we want to continue) and take it away from him later on.

You are starting to play a limit (50 nl) where you need to start looking at what you represent as well (versus only looking at what they represent). Some people are better hand readers and these loose/aggro FR players are usually the looser guys postflop that won't fold as much (and may be better hand readers than a 12/10 nit).
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi,

What's his PFR in UTG+1? I think that our call is a bit light even though he seems looser.

As played I don't like raising boards where we can't represent much. This is a perfect example of such board.

What range are we raising with? We almost never raise 33 or TT and we really don't have many Ax besides 2 combos of A3. So I'd be surprised if he folds a ton.

I much more prefer to call here (if we want to continue) and take it away from him later on.

You are starting to play a limit (50 nl) where you need to start looking at what you represent as well (versus only looking at what they represent). Some people are better hand readers and these loose/aggro FR players are usually the looser guys postflop that won't fold as much (and may be better hand readers than a 12/10 nit).
      Interesting insight, thx!

Also why did you ask me for the UTG+1 PFR (instead of MP2)?
      Which btw:

My call PF was also in the hope blinds would call, especially BB who had big CC stat.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      I thought he was second to act but he is actually third to act (with only 8 dealt in the hand). My bad.

So he doesn't open that wide in EP/MP and thus our call is a bit light.

The problem with having another guy in the pot that's only half stack is that you will have a lot less room to do much postflop and our hand needs to play for implied odds / fe.

I don't mind calling (3-betting) these type of hands in later positions where we can expect wider ranges and villains still cbet too much.