This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] JJ river

• gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      Prima, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (SB): $14.89 (148.9 bb)
      BB: $17.02 (170.2 bb)
      UTG: $11.23 (112.3 bb)
      MP: $14.25 (142.5 bb)
      CO: $10 (100 bb)
      BTN: $4.22 (42.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J J
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.20, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.80, BB folds, MP calls $0.60

Flop: ($1.70) 4 T 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.15, MP calls $1.15

Turn: ($4) 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2, MP calls $2

River: ($8) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP checks

Results:
      $8 pot ($0.40 rake)
      Final Board: 4 T 9 9 8
      Hero showed J J and lost (-$3.95 net)
      MP showed K K and won $7.60 ($3.65 net)

Anon table, no reads..

Im not sure if i should bet river aswell? i was going to, then asked myself what am i getting value from that calls a 3bet and 2 streets. could only put myself behind a standard range. would be different if i had stats + reads. but in a vacuum V unknown?
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi gxtwo,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: Flop and turn are both fine and unless villain is a complete fish I wouldn't bet the river.

What was your plan if he bet into us?
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      hmm.... not sure. guess he could bluff his busted FDs. and he could think Tx is good for a v bet

Overall i think its a fold, (honestly think i call a bet but) but i get confused as he only min-raised preflop. is this mostly a trap..PPs?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by gxtwo
      hmm.... not sure. guess he could bluff his busted FDs. and he could think Tx is good for a v bet

Overall i think its a fold, (honestly think i call a bet but) but i get confused as he only min-raised preflop. is this mostly a trap..PPs?
      If we expect him to have a Tx to bet that means that our hand may be good enough for a vbet :)

It's very unlikely for him to have a ton of busted draws unless he opens a lot and is a calling station.
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      they are hands i thought he could bet that we beat. If he can have Tx i agree with value betting, but i think he calls with better more % of the time.

but overall i think we are behind most of the time?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by gxtwo
      they are hands i thought he could bet that we beat. If he can have Tx i agree with value betting, but i think he calls with better more % of the time.

but overall i think we are behind most of the time?
      Without more info I agree and I would rarely call in this spot.