[NL2-NL10] Nl5 Aa

• metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Both players are regulars with 25/22/50 VPIP/PFR/AFq so I'm not expecting them to be reraising as a bluff often on this kind of flop in a multiway pot.

Full Tilt - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

BTN: $3.29
      SB: $12.97
      BB: $3.14
      Hero (UTG): $7.92
      CO: $7.53

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has A:diamond: A:spade:

Hero raises to $0.15, CO calls $0.15, fold, SB calls $0.13, fold

Flop: ($0.50, 3 players) T:spade: 7:club: 9:spade:
      SB bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40, CO raises to $1.20, SB calls $0.80, fold

Turn: ($3.30, 2 players) K:diamond:
      SB bets $11.62 and is all-in, CO calls $6.18 and is all-in

River: ($15.66, 2 players) 4:club:

SB shows J:club: Q:club: (Straight, King High) (Pre 49%, Flop 28%, Turn 77%)
      CO shows 9:diamond: 9:club: (Three of a Kind, Nines) (Pre 51%, Flop 72%, Turn 23%)
      SB wins $14.62
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Metza,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: What do you expect the first person to donk with? I think we may have a raise there for thin value.

As played I agree that his raise is rarely a bluff so a fold is fine.
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      At the time I think most likely his donkbet is :spade: :spade: or TPGK. Was pretty surprised he donked into two players with only 6 clean outs but then again this is NL5 and even the regs suck.

If I'm HU vs him, I will definitely raise. I did consider raising but with two players whose preflop range is mainly pocket pairs below JJ and two broadway, they both hit this flop quite often with either set, pair or draw. Unless I put in a big raise, I am pricing in a flush, and never know if I'm up against TPGK or FD, and if I'm up against a set or T9s, I may put them on busted draw on river and stack off. Also I was hoping for fold from CO so that I can reraise any blank turn.

The other reason that I choose to keep pot small is that if the FD completes on turn, I have the backdoor nut flush as well. If I inflate the pot too much on the flop and pick up the draw on the next card, I cannot call off my whole stack the turn.