Prima, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players

SB: $64.92 (129.8 bb)
      BB: $49.89 (99.8 bb)
      Hero (UTG): $101.92 (203.8 bb)
      MP: $51.50 (103 bb)
      CO: $24.39 (48.8 bb)
      BTN: $84.26 (168.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q T
      Hero raises to $1.50, 2 folds, BTN calls $1.50, SB folds, BB raises to $4, Hero calls $2.50, BTN calls $2.50

Flop: ($12.25) J 2 6 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $6, BTN calls $6, BB folds

Turn: ($24.25) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $12.50, BTN raises to $36, Hero calls $23.50

River: ($96.25) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $15, Hero folds

Anon table.

BB was a fish on small sample.

BTN played 18/14 after 80 hands.

Preflop I dont think I can fold to such a small squeeze.

On the flop I tried to steal the pot with my flushdraw after squeezer checked. BTN could call mostly with pockets and Jx I guess.

On the turn I bet again cause I improved to combodraw, plus K could be a scarecard to his pockets/Jx. After getting raised, folding is not an option, cause potodds are 24%. I was considering a push, but give he is nitty, we are deep and he is raising normal size, I dont think I could have much fold equity...
  • 6 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Would you bet that sizing with made hands too?

When BU calls you are forgetting his preflop range of call/call.

It's mostly pocket pairs so when he calls flop vs a bet 3way with BB left to act he will have 9 set combos and probably a few hands like QJs, KJs, AJs, not (m)any pairs so your turn bet is very marginal imo plus your sizing shows you aren't stacking off, meaning you either are misplaying your set or have a marginal hand. Since you are a reg, how often do you misplay your set/strong value hand?
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Gold
      On the flop BB is probably giving up after checking as PFA, but yeah, it's still strong from BTN to call that stab.
      I thought he could call a halfpot on the flop with TT/99/88, but he probably wont, and then on the turn I only make him fold Jx, but not KJ, and not J:sT/Q:sJ/A:sJ...

You are right, that with sets I'd bet bigger, and it's possible that my sizing tells him that I'm marginal/weak so he runs some (semi)bluff deepstacked, but the bigger problem is that not many hands in his range that would fold to a turnbet.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Vs reg I assume you x/shove river ones you hit? I think a donkshove is too obvious.

It's close wheter to bet turn or not but I would bet it too because he could have called something like QJs and TT and obv AJ which will most of the time fold vs our action.

I would bet like $16 on the turn because we are deeper. Flopsize looks fine with our whole range... Do we ever bluff here random hands like QcKc??
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      If we want to represent a value hand we bet to get it in with 3 bets so our flop size is too small imo as well. Unless you have a strategy to bet small with your whole range somewhere to induce floats then overbet when deep on the next street, 1/2 pot as a standard won't work.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Do we ever bluff here random hands like QcKc??
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Do we ever bluff here random hands like QcKc??
      I wouldn't and can't find a reason to bluff complete air against 2 players with reasonable ranges. Because we have KcQc it's more likely their suited combos are hearts or spades, albeit they are more unlikely to hold Jx (QJ, KJ). The problem is we would to draw to blanks so to speak and still bluff into ranges that contains quite a few hands with showdown value.