This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Kalculaters 2013 Blog - 180s/45s/MTTs

• Kalculater
      Kalculater
      Bronze
      04/01/2013

Hi guys, welcome to what is going to be my frequently updated Poker/Life Blog.

[b]Background - Pokerwise[/b]

Ive been a on/off recreational poker player for a few years. I was coached in the 45man SNGs a few years back and offered staking but due to life circumstances at the time it wasnt to be. Recently, in late Oct / early November last year (2012) I came back to poker and started playing the 45s recreationally again.

After joining a MTT/SNG skype study group that was quite inactive, a few of us started a smaller study group where we are active daily. One of the players there convinced me that I should be playing 180 turbos as well as and I have been playing them quite well, whilst hovering around the same Bankroll I have always really had.

I used profit from playing to purchase HEM and SNG Wiz as well as some coaching hours off of Goatman2121. I have only used half of these hours and am going to be using the rest in the next few weeks.

[b]Background - Life[/b]

I am a 23 year-old Australian student that has been studying Accounting and Business Law for the past couple of years. With only 2 courses left for me to complete my degree I am changing universities and undertaking an additional degree in Mathematics.

I am unsure of the life path that I want to take, however know that I want to employ my business and mathematic skills to gain a good job, eventually starting my own business much further down the road.

After living 200km away from my parents I moved back recently to start saving money to further my travel. After spending Christmas and New Years in Bali recently I am going to Thailand with a good mate in February and we plan on moving to Mexico at the end of the year this year.

[b]2013 - Games[/b]

My main game/s: $1.50/$3.50 Turbo 45s, $2.50 180s, up to $5 mtts.

I will mainly be playing the turbo 45s and mixing some180s in. I will also play lower MTTs, mainly the bigs on stars or some FTP lower field so that variance isnt that huge as i have a low BR.

Currently I am only playing 5-6 tables as I am making sure my play is very solid before moving to 10+ in the following next few weeks.

CURRENT BR: $228.10

[b]2013 - Goals[/b]

- Start a poker/life blog and update frequently

- Start accounts on FTP and other less known sites for smaller field mtts/turbos.

- Achieve and maintain at least SilverStar status on Pokerstars, taking full advantage of the VIP benefits that come along with this. (freerolls, etc)

- Move up stakes in 180s, 45s and MTTs

- Volume goal. Perhaps ~200 games a week including all 45s, 180s + MTTs

- Keep track of session plans with hrs, BR changes, placings, ITM %, Mental game aspects

- Complete a warmup before every session which includes 5min meditation, review of notes, perhaps a SNG shove range quiz

- Review all MTTs played and ~50% of 180s

- Post 8-10 hands a week and include into notes for pre-warmup of sessions

- Review at least 2 sessions a week with MTT/SNG Skype study group.

- Watch at least 3hrs of Coaching vids each week and implement notes into pre-warmup/review sessions.

- Eat healthier, workout more and increase my knowledge of martial art areas.

- Meditate, use affirmations and hypnosis everyday.

[b]Next few weeks - Goals[/b]

It is 19/01/2013 and I have finished reading 'The Mental Game' and implemented an adequate mental game review/worksheet into every session of poker that I play.

It is 30/01/2013 and I have purchased TableNinja with profits from grinding.

[b]Its 2013 and time to start taking my poker seriously.[/b]

Thankyou for taking the time to read this and I hope to get some comments/feedback throughout my journey.

Love, light and peace.
  • 2 replies