This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] SH20 - KK on Axx board

• chocular77
      chocular77
      Bronze

UTG1: 44/19

$0.10/$0.20 No Limit Holdem
      iPoker
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      cincinkid (UTG) ($43.56) 218bb
      UTG+1 ($14.01) 70bb
      CO ($5.07) 25bb
      BTN ($24.83) 124bb
      SB ($39.20) 196bb
      BB ($20) 100bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.30, 6 players) cincinkid is UTG K K
      cincinkid raises to $0.70, UTG+1 calls $0.70, 1 fold, BTN raises to $1.40, 2 folds, cincinkid raises to $4.20, UTG+1 folds, BTN calls $2.80

Could make it bigger since BU will calla lot.

Flop: J A 7 ($9.40, 2 players)
      cincinkid checks, BTN bets $3.20, cincinkid calls $3.20

Was not sure if i should make a cbet. I could only cbet for value against flushdraws but i don't know if he has much of them in his range after 64 hands.

Turn: 9 ($15.80, 2 players)
      cincinkid checks, BTN checks

River: 3 ($15.80, 2 players)
      cincinkid checks, BTN bets $2.40, cincinkid calls $2.40
  • 4 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Chocular,

Can you expect villain to bluff or bet worse when checked to? Sample is really small but he seems somewhat passive so I would look at his previous hands.

This small bet is usually either a weaker Ax/monster or a weak made hand like Jx. Have we seen any bet sizing tells from him?

Considering the preflop line of him 3-betting small and calling our 4-bet I'd say that he has a fair amount of Ax hands in his range that could take this line so calling is a bit light (without info on his bet sizes) especially since we have 2 more streets to see OOP.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      He chocular, didn't u play nl50? What happened?

What was the result plz?
    • chocular77
      chocular77
      Bronze
      Hi Farmarchist!

He had AQs

Yeah i played NL50 but last summer (when i really wanted to play as much as possible) i suddenly lost one stack after the other. Even though i put more time into theory than ever.
      I didn't quite understand why. When analysing my database i saw that from stats alone i played even better than bevor but still lose.
      My Winning/$EV difference alone drop 20 BuyIns in only 2 Month which is like loosing 20 flips straight.

This put a lot of emotional pressure and i'm sure my game was influenced by this. And even if my bankroll was big enough to keep playing NL50 i took the save route and went down a limit.

Now i still work on my game und things has stabilized. Shouldn't take long and i'm back at NL50. :) Thanks for the interest!

How are you doing? Which plattform are you playing atm?
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      :( Damn that must be a tough period.. I can be sooo cruel. Volume is the key I guess? (Although I'm rly bad in making volume)

I'm playing NL50sh for 1-2 months now on stars and it's going good so far but I still have a lot of leaks :P . Well, now I have exams in january so I'll probably lose some grip with the game... I plan to get coaching from Manu in february and then start owning it up!

:D