$0.43
      CO:
      $2.00
      BU (Hero):
      $2.35
      SB:
      $1.95

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q, Q.
      CO posts deadblind, 3 folds, MP2 calls $0.02, MP3 folds, CO checks, Hero raises to $0.12, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0.10, CO folds.

Flop: ($0.29) A, 7, J (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.16, MP2 calls $0.16.

Turn: ($0.61) 8 (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.22, MP2 calls $0.22.

River: ($1.05) 7 (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.33, Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.05.

Villain stats are 27/15 AF 1.7 over 220 hands his fold to cbet is 70% on this sample

I cbet on the flop because I think Im ahead of his limping range and dont think he has A that often here, hoping to get the pot right on the flop

Turn bet was for lighter value in case he did have A on the flop or if he just peeled it with J or 7 made hands....was my sizing here ok? should I have bet bigger or just checked after he called my flop bet and why?

on river he donks into me for 1/3 pot, another 7 comes in and I somehow feel I might not be ahead if I was at all...was this correct fold or should I have called here?

also saw him donk in AQJr board for 1/4 pot with his QT and he procceded to call a big raise and a pot bet on the turn when 9 came and then he just calls a min bet on T turn so I dont think the player is very good considering his weird lines...

thank you
  • 2 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop raising is fine.

I don't mind cbetting the flop here. We are happy to just take down the pot right here, plus we can get called by worse.

On the turn I like betting again here, since some of his hands such as JT/J9/7T/79 now have pair + gutshot so he'd be more inclined to call. Also FD got there as well.
      I don't like your sizing here at all - I'd just make it around $0.35.

On the river his bet sucks here. We could go for a call here, since he showed that he make smallish bets with weak made hands, but on the other hand I really don't expect him to play this way with Jx so I don't have anything against the fold and I like it.

Best,
      Plamen
    • HrabriLavek
      HrabriLavek
      Bronze
      ok, thanks for help