BB ($10.76)
      UTG ($5.14)
      UTG+1 ($9.99)
      CO ($10)
      BTN ($3.09)

UTG+1 posts $0.10
      CO posts $0.10

Dealt to Hero A:heart: Q:spade:

UTG calls $0.10, UTG+1 raises to $0.35, fold, BTN calls $0.50, Hero raises to $2, fold, fold, UTG+1 calls $1.50, fold

FLOP ($4.65) J:heart: 3:diamond: 8:spade:

Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $1.10, Hero folds

UTG+1 wins $4.56

It would be hard to get much data on the players at the table, so I'm just going to say UTG, MP and BTN were all fishes...CO is playing with reg-ish stats, but is also very fishy. All in all, the entire table consisted of fishes basically.

As you can see their stacksizes really vary, which is why I was so confused about playing this hand preflop. Any sqz size I choose will pretty much sqz well into BTN's stack, so if I get called pre (by UTG and/or MP) and he pushes his remaining stack...it all gets really messy, with an already 4-bet-like pot...which is why I really was considering just a flat call, or even fold here, to avoid a 4-way pot. Is squeezing the best play here, and if so, is my sizing correct?

Is it ok to ch/fold this flop vs a completely unknown fish?
  • 6 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Clickbox,

Considering their stack size and their fishy status we can 3-bet preflop for value.

You should however have a plan already for UTG (if he calls). For example shoving most flops.

In this particular scenario we still have some equity with two overs and backdoor straight and villain only has 3.14 behind

If we shove 3.14 into 4.65 as a bluff, assuming 0 equity (which is false) we would need 40% FE. Add in hand equity and you see we need a lot less FE to show a small profit. Add in the fact that he may call worse and we are in good shape.
    • Clickbox
      Clickbox
      Bronze
      I think you might have misread the stack sizes, it was UTG+1 calling (100bb stack), not the shorty sitting in UTG :)
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Clickbox
      I think you might have misread the stack sizes, it was UTG+1 calling (100bb stack), not the shorty sitting in UTG :)
      I sure did :)

In that case we can bet/fold the flop for about 1/2 pot.

However I would also 4-bet smaller preflop. 20 BB is a bit big considering the BTN only min 3-bet.
    • Clickbox
      Clickbox
      Bronze
      Umm I'm not sure I understand, I just squeezed preflop (his bet is only 2bet, mine is 3bet), so technically it's just a giant sqz pot :D

BTN called $0.5 cause of the 2 blind posters. I basically just sqz'd 2 x (50+50).
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Clickbox
      Umm I'm not sure I understand, I just squeezed preflop (his bet is only 2bet, mine is 3bet), so technically it's just a giant sqz pot :D

BTN called $0.5 cause of the 2 blind posters. I basically just sqz'd 2 x (50+50).
      Oh I misread that because it looked like BTN min raised due to the weird number (0.5 vs the 0.35). In fact a min raise would have to be 0.6
    • Clickbox
      Clickbox
      Bronze
      Yeah. :)

Thank you for your replies!