FastForward, Zoom etc

Bronze
      Hi everyone,

I have been playing 6max cash for a while on normal tables and recently became interested in FastForward as I am on PartyPoker. I moved up to NL10 a few months ago and am still finding my feet. I played one table of FastForward NL4 today to see what it is like. I found it very good and really fast however my HUD did not work and I think there are problems with HEM2 for this format.

Anyway can someone explain to me how this new variant of poker works as when I decided to play one table I thought it would just be one table but I found myself switching between a number of different tables with different players.

Cheers,
      Kevin.
  • 4 replies
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hey kevin!

not too sure as to why your HM2 isnt having HUD for FF.. it used to be a bug but has since been fixed - i play FF and HUD works fine so my guess would be that you need to update your HM2 to the latest build.

about how FF/zoom/rush works... you have a player pool of any number, for example 100 players. when you get dealt a new hand and decide to 'forward fold', you fold and get moved to a new table where everyone else is being dealt in. since there are many people playing in the player pool it allows you to be moved to a fresh table every single time you fold.

you can get anywhere between something like 200 and 350 hands per hour on 'one' table of FF/zoom. you can also have multiple entries into the player pool if you want more action.

generally people tend to play a little tighter since they aren't getting so bored waiting for hands, but it is pretty much the same game.

hope i explained it ok :D
      Lewis.

p.s. moved the thread to general poker discussion.
      Bronze
      Thanks Lewis,

Good explanation. I'm used to playing 4 tables of 6max, how many do you think I should play in FF? How many do you play?

I'm downloading latest HEM2 so hopefully that should sort it.

Cheers,
      Kevin.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      i suppose 2 tables would probably be the same. works out to roughly 500 hands per hour maybe more. you'll know once you try it out and see :D

i play 2 or 3 tables, mainly 2 atm cos im taking shots.

gl with HM2! oh and it could be that you need to run both PP and HM2 as administrator.. maybe try this out
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey guys, I'm gonna move this to our No Limit board to see if we can spark further discussion.

@ Kevin,

Our coach and community hero EmanuelC16 recently released a video that will be just perfect for you!

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/27498/

It's silver status too just it fits the bill perfectly :D

All the best,
      Gary