This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] JJ bb v btn 10NL

• iamheuru
      iamheuru
      Basic
      btn is 18/10 over 50 hands

This is on 888 and I cant seem to get the converter on here or a number of other sites to convert it. Sorry for the rough lay out.

Pre flop fold to the btn ,

NL $0.05/$0.10 (Pot $0.15)
      BTN Raises to $.03
      SB folds
      Hero 3bets to $1 with J :diamond: J :club:
      Btn Calls

(Pot = $2.05)

FLOP K :diamond: Q :diamond: 9 :diamond:

Hero Checks
      Btn Checks

(Pot = $2.05)

Turn is 4 :diamond:
      Board is K :diamond: Q :diamond: 9 :diamond: 4 :diamond:

Hero Checks
      Btn bets $1.10
      Hero calls $1.10

(Pot = $4.25)

river is 6 :club:
      Board is K :diamond: Q :diamond: 9 :diamond: 4 :diamond: 6 :club:

Hero checks
      Btn bets $4.25

(Pot = $8.50)

Hero calls

Should I have bet the flop with the pair and FD and Str8 draw and try to fold him off a better pair by the river, Also If I bet flop and I face a raise or a shove what should I be doing. I had 105 bb at the start of the hand and the btn had more.

I called on the river because I taught I was good often enout and his pot sized bet looked a bit odd because I think my range after calling the turn looks like a bluff catcher and taught he would bet less with the A :diamond: to get a call.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi,

Preflop: Since BTN doesn't seem to be over loose or fishy the 3-bet is a bit light.

How do you react to a 4-bet? How do we play postflop when we see a high card (which is often)?

Postflop: Nitty guys (even though the sample is small) usually bet big for value only. So I would be inclined to ck/fold without other reads.

I do agree with you that a cbet there is better to try to scoop up the pot. I wouldn't cbet and then try to bluff him off a better hand because nits don't like folding a whole lot.
    • iamheuru
      iamheuru
      Basic
      pre flop facing a 4 bet I would fold. OOP v's him I feel that even if the flop comes low that he will only ever put money in when he has a better pair than mine, On high card boards I think I am kinda forced to c/f.

Thanks for your reply.
    • iamheuru
      iamheuru
      Basic
      If I cbet the flop v's the nitty btn and he raise or shoves, Is this a spot where I just get it in on the flop.

I was thinking the hands he would raise on flop were
      KK-QQ,99,KQs,KTs,AsTs,As9s,KQo
      I have ~47% v's this I cbet $1.5 the pot would be $3.55 facing a shove from him I have around $8 left in my stack so it would be $8+$3.55+$8 = $19.55

$8/$19.55 = 40.9% and I have 47% against that range so I should call it off here right?
      Am i doing that right, and also is it very bad to fold in these spots to avoid variance.