[NL2-NL10] -> AQ + suited flop + ¿x/f turn?

• lovesniper
      lovesniper
      Bronze
      Villain data
      20/18 in 154 hands
      27% OR in EP

So here we get a monochrome flop, so i bet strong with my TPGK and the villain calls.

What is the best decision in the turn?
      Imagine we have a set, what to do?, the same as TP? since he calls in the flop the big bet, we should think he has the flush, or maybe he´s going for it?

I think the best decision was to x/f in turn and maybe x/c small bets in river, maybe?

Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $3.22 (64.4 bb)
      BTN: $3.02 (60.4 bb)
      SB: $9.22 (184.4 bb)
      Hero (BB): $2.12 (42.4 bb)
      MP: $5.59 (111.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A Q
      MP raises to $0.20, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.50, MP calls $0.30

Flop: ($1.02) A 8 T (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.66, MP calls $0.66

Turn: ($2.34) 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.96 and is all-in, MP calls $0.96

River: ($4.26) 7 (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results:
      $4.26 pot ($0.20 rake)
      Final Board: A 8 T 6 7
      Hero showed A Q and lost (-$2.12 net)
      MP showed Q K and won $4.06 ($1.94 net)
  • 3 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop I'd rather make it $0.6.

I want you to tell me what do you think of check/raising the flop here? What are the pros and cons of doing that?

Also, what kind of hands do you think he's just flatting the flop with? You say that he probably has the flush, but which are the flush combos he could have here?

Best,
      Plamen
    • lovesniper
      lovesniper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kymupa
      Hello,

Preflop I'd rather make it $0.6.

I want you to tell me what do you think of check/raising the flop here? What are the pros and cons of doing that?

Also, what kind of hands do you think he's just flatting the flop with? You say that he probably has the flush, but which are the flush combos he could have here?

Best,
      Plamen
      Hi,

I make this 3bet sizes:

They open to 2bb, I 3bet to 6bb
      They open to 3bb, I 3bet to 8bb
      They open to 4bb, I 3bet to 10bb

If his OR x 10 it´s more than my stack I usually push

¿That´s right?

Returning to the hand,

I see you want to make me think, that´s good :)

I think if we check and the villain does the same and the next card it´s a diamond, we can forget the hand doing x/f all the streets. ¿Betting the next street (If the turn card it´s not a diamond) it´s a good idea?

If we check and the villain makes a bet, if we raise his bet, we are representing the flush, so, if the villain hasn´t the flush, he´s going to fold, by the other side, if he has the flush, he´s going to call/reraise us, and we simply fold.

¿Right?
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Yeah 3bet sizes make sense and it's good to see that you have some standard sizings there.

My intention of checking the flop will be to check/shove here. We want to put all the money in and I don't think that an average NL5 player will fold a TP in this life, so we maximize our value against both his value range (TP+) and some bluffs.

Best,
      Plamen