nl50 turbulence

• pokerprons
      pokerprons
      Bronze
      Hi everyone

I used to have a blog here over a year ago and it wasn't very successful, mainly because I was too lazy to update and I didn't really approach it the right way. I'm gonna give blogging another go and, hopefully, this time I'll do it for right reasons.

My reasons for blogging this time will be to keep track of my results, to post hands and get some discussions going, since my pokerstars account is not tracked so I can't really post or read the hand evaluation forums, and just try to improve my game in general. Also there will be some RL stuff if there is something interesting to write about :)

A little background info. I've played micro stakes basically my whole life and had nice results but always cashed out big chunks of my BR to have a better lifestyle ( I know what you're thinking but micro stakes can provide a nice amount of cash in Serbia :D ). Only recently (last summer) I started to work hard on my game and on building my BR so I can finally move up and leave the micros and I'm at the threshold right now - nl50 that is. Last month and a half however, I cashed out some 2-3K again, but this time my BR could take that hit and it was for a good reason, and that is to set up my own place and start living alone. This of course brings about one tiny issue... I'm going to have to provide for myself by playing profitable poker so GL me! :f_biggrin: On the bright side, my bills add up to about 150$ a month so that shouldn't be too hard to accomplish and if I don't eat, well that's great too since I could use a few KGs less :rolleyes:

I'm playing nl50 SH, and also HU which I think could be much more profitable for me since there are so many fish and you can have them all for yourself. I just need to work a lot on my game. Oh and I also have MTT sundays where I play small buy in MTTs in hopes oh cashing big :f_cool:

My goals are to keep improving my game and to keep this blog alive. And also I have one big goal for this year and that is to make $20K. Everything counts here, CG results, MTTs, RB/ promotions, staking deals, luckboxing a milestone hand (which I doubt will happen since it already happened last time the promotion ran :f_biggrin: ) so my monetary goal is to make $20K from anything poker related in 2013.

And of course, what kind of blog would this be without graphs :P

nl16sh 3 months, Aug-Oct 2012.

nl25sh Nov 2012.

My lifetime nl25sh graph is still in the red though

But I moved to nl50 nevertheless

So there you have it ladies and gentlemen.
      I will try to update this blog as often as possible and post some interesting stuff, be it poker related or just something interesting.

Thanks for reading!
  • 57 replies
    • pokerprons
      pokerprons
      Bronze
      Swingy day yesterday, had lots of setups both in my favour and against me. I think I can beat nl50 if only I put in several hours of studying a month, which is a lot for me since my grind to study ratio is 100% / 0%. Would you guys count time spent on the forums reading about theory and looking at some hands other people posted as studying?

Anyway, here are some interesting hands from yesterday.

1) I should have folded river, but first I guess I should have 3bet flop or at least shove turn. Villain is a fish with AF 1.5 and he obviously picked the wrong moment to show aggression since he reps such a narrow range
      Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 2 Players

BB: $124.56 (249.1 bb)
      Hero (SB): $52.32 (104.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5:club: 9:diamond:
      Hero raises to $1, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($2) 5:heart: K:spade: 9:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.50, BB raises to $5, Hero calls $3.50

Turn: ($12) Q:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $12, Hero calls $12

River: ($36) 3:spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $35, Hero calls $34.32 and is all-in

[spoil]Results: $104.64 pot ($0.50 rake)
      Final Board: 5:heart: K:spade: 9:club: Q:diamond: 3:spade:
      BB showed T:club: J:heart: and won $104.14 ($51.82 net)
      Hero showed 5:club: 9:diamond: and lost (-$52.32 net)

2) Villain again a fish who plays 43/19 AF 1.4 over 379 hands. I donk this flop to fold pocket pairs or any kind of air that they limped, turn is obv a miracle card and I continue betting and get called again. Now I'm thinking he has a weak ace but there is still chance he has a flush. My question here is: Could I have checked the river with intention of c/ raising or do I always have to bet to get value from the ace because this kind of opponent will probably check back the ace?
      Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players

Hero (BB): $87.56 (175.1 bb)
      MP: $59.85 (119.7 bb)
      CO: $95.57 (191.1 bb)
      BTN: $54.64 (109.3 bb)
      SB: $36.43 (72.9 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4:spade: 4:heart:
      MP folds, CO calls $0.50, BTN folds, SB completes, Hero checks

Flop: ($1.50) A:diamond: 2:diamond: 2:spade: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1, CO calls $1, SB folds

Turn: ($3.50) 4:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, CO calls $2.50

River: ($8.50) T:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $6, CO calls $6

[spoil]Results: $20.50 pot ($0.92 rake)
      Final Board: A:diamond: 2:diamond: 2:spade: 4:diamond: T:heart:
      Hero showed 4:spade: 4:heart: and won $19.58 ($9.58 net)
      CO mucked 5:diamond: T:diamond: and lost (-$10 net)

3) Any comments on this hand? I just thought the guy was FOS, and he really repped nothing?

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players

Hero (BTN): $59.14 (118.3 bb)
      SB: $50 (100 bb)
      BB: $168.02 (336 bb)
      UTG: $46.09 (92.2 bb)
      MP: $64.61 (129.2 bb)
      CO: $43.09 (86.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with K:diamond: Q:heart:
      UTG folds, MP raises to $1.50, CO folds, Hero calls $1.50, SB calls $1.25, BB folds

Flop: ($5) 3:heart: 8:diamond: 5:diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, MP checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($5) 5:heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, MP checks, Hero bets $3.50, SB folds, MP raises to $12, Hero calls $8.50

River: ($29) 2:club: (2 players)
      MP bets $19, Hero raises to $45.64 and is all-in, MP folds

[spoil]Results: $67 pot ($2.50 rake)
      Final Board: 3:heart: 8:diamond: 5:diamond: 5:heart: 2:club:
      Hero showed K:diamond: Q:heart: and won $64.50 ($32 net)
      MP mucked and lost (-$32.50 net)

4) And finally, we come to my first royal flush of the year :f_cool:

BTN: $34.91 (69.8 bb)
      SB: $68.77 (137.5 bb)
      BB: $57.70 (115.4 bb)
      UTG: $62.12 (124.2 bb)
      Hero (MP): $161.20 (322.4 bb)
      CO: $55.52 (111 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A:diamond: J:diamond:
      UTG raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1.50, CO folds, BTN calls $1.50, SB folds, BB calls $1

Flop: ($6.25) 6:diamond: T:diamond: K:diamond: (4 players)
      BB checks, UTG bets $4.75, Hero calls $4.75, 2 folds

Turn: ($15.75) Q:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero checks

River: ($15.75) Q:spade: (2 players)
      UTG bets $11.50, Hero raises to $154.95 and is all-in, UTG calls $44.37 and is all-in

[spoil]Results: $127.49 pot ($2.50 rake)
      Final Board: 6:diamond: T:diamond: K:diamond: Q:diamond: Q:spade:
      UTG showed K:club: K:spade: and lost (-$62.12 net)
      Hero showed A:diamond: J:diamond: and won $124.99 ($62.87 net)

I have a noob question regarding posting hands from HEM2. Is there a simple 1 click way to post hands like there was in HEM1? When I paste the hand here some parts are just computer language that I had to manually erase i.e. the hand is not posted in a perfect way like it was with HEM1.

Now I'm off to buy some stuff for the apartment and then it's grinding time and later I'm gonna fire up some tourneys. Maybe I ship the sunday storm today :rolleyes:
    • Fipa87
      Fipa87
      Gold
      First :s_cool: .

Go Pixy :D
    • pokerprons
      pokerprons
      Bronze
      Hehe you recognized me :s_thumbsup:

Kako tebi ide? :D
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Good luck pokerprons!

Don't worry I think I'm on blog number 7 at this point :D
    • Fipa87
      Fipa87
      Gold
      Originally posted by pokerprons
      Hehe you recognized me :s_thumbsup:

Kako tebi ide? :D
      Sharkscope leaderboard za sada :s_biggrin: .

GL
    • nmilan84
      nmilan84
      Silver
      Hello fellow countrymen...

Will follow your blog, maybe I learn something :f_biggrin:
    • pokerprons
      pokerprons
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      Good luck pokerprons!

Don't worry I think I'm on blog number 7 at this point :D
      That's encouraging! Thanks! :)

Originally posted by nmilan84
      Hello fellow countrymen...

Will follow your blog, maybe I learn something :f_biggrin:
      Hi there, If I deliver at least one bit of useful information that could make u a better player, I'll be very happy :f_biggrin:

What stakes to you play?
    • nmilan84
      nmilan84
      Silver
      I play NL10, just started a blog. Take a look if you have time, I will post hands and graphs, probably weekly.
    • ninjakalz
      ninjakalz
      Bronze
      Nice blog!
      will keep an eye on it! :)
    • pokerprons
      pokerprons
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ninjakalz
      Nice blog!
      will keep an eye on it! :)
      Thanks, I appreciate it. :)
    • pokerprons
      pokerprons
      Bronze
      MTT Sunday came to an abrupt end when I lost my internet connection. My dog bit through the adsl cable :facepalm: I've managed to kind of repair it but it's just temporary so I wont be playing poker until I get a new cable, which is tomorrow.

Today is Christmas according to Julian calendar. Merry Christmas to everyone who celebrates it today!

Best wishes, everyone!
    • SneakyhanD
      SneakyhanD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pokerprons
      MTT Sunday came to an abrupt end when I lost my internet connection. My dog bit through the adsl cable :facepalm: I've managed to kind of repair it but it's just temporary so I wont be playing poker until I get a new cable, which is tomorrow.

Today is Christmas according to Julian calendar. Merry Christmas to everyone who celebrates it today!

Best wishes, everyone!
      Your dog has to learn to behave ! Is he a puppy ?

You are welcomed to step by in my blog too :)
      Good luck mate
    • pokerprons
      pokerprons
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SneakyhanD
      Your dog has to learn to behave ! Is he a puppy ?

You are welcomed to step by in my blog too :)
      Good luck mate
      Yeah, she's a puppy :)

Thanks, and I'll definitely take a look at your blog :)
    • pokerprons
      pokerprons
      Bronze
      The degenerate that I am, I had to play yesterday and today even though my connection kept snapping every couple of minutes. Yesterday was an up and down day ending with small loss playing only HU but today we had a healthy +4 BI profit at 6max so that's great.

I realised that even though stars keeps disconnecting i can still browse the net so I googled this problem and found that it might be something other than my adsl cable which is definitely not good news. One of the answers i googled said to "run ping in the background" so I messed around trying to do it. I hope I didn't fuck something up software wise :D I still hope it's just the damaged cable. I guess we'll know for sure tomorrow.

Another weird thing happened today when I was unable to use the search feature on stars ?( That got resolved by restarting the stars client though, so that's one less worry for me :f_confused:

I'm arranging a sweat session/ coaching with a friend to try to improve my HU game so I'll let you know how that went and how many leaks we have spotted :f_biggrin:

Be well everyone.
    • pokerprons
      pokerprons
      Bronze
      Had a hectic week, hence not much time to write an update.
      I've tried to resolve my internet issue but had no luck. I had a guy over to look at my computer and he didn't find the problem, so I went to my internet provider and had my router replaced- that didn't fix it either:f_confused: So now I guess I have to contact my phone operator to see if they can fix it. Also had a housewarming party but I'm not gonna move to my apartment permanently until I buy a new computer, so I'm just gonna use it for partying for a week or two:s_cool:

Onto poker, I have failed with volume so far this month but hopefully I'll manage to grind a bit more towards the end of the month. I did put in a couple of big sessions though, despite having connection problems. And also, I've lost the biggest pot of my career. I've been running pretty bad at HU but ok at 6max and I'm barely in the green for the month :f_mad: Still this is the best January ever for me VPP-wise and it puts me on track for supernova this year. The past few years I have always played next to nothing in January.
      Also I've checked out that 'set a goal' promotion on stars and I'm not thrilled with it. Basically what they give you is 120$ for 5k fpps and at the platinum exchange rate I get 120$ for 9240 fpps if I'm not mistaking. So all I get is to save 4240 fpps which is not really a sum worth committing to this goal, at least for me. I'll just do it on my own pace and with no pressure.

Here are some hands from the past week

1) Villain is a fish playing 39/24 with AF 3.4 over 151 hands and now that I've looked at the hand I see that I should have just flatted the turn which was my concern at the time. Any thoughts anyone?

SB: $101.50 (203 bb)
      BB: $50 (100 bb)
      UTG: $50 (100 bb)
      MP: $107.89 (215.8 bb)
      Hero (CO): $101.19 (202.4 bb)
      BTN: $59.01 (118 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9:diamond: 9:spade:
      UTG folds, MP raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1.50, 3 folds

Flop: ($3.75) 7:spade: 5:heart: 7:club: (2 players)
      MP bets $3.50, Hero calls $3.50

Turn: ($10.75) 9:heart: (2 players)
      MP bets $13.50, Hero raises to $27, MP folds

[spoil]Results: $37.75 pot ($1.70 rake)
      Final Board: 7:spade: 5:heart: 7:club: 9:heart:
      MP mucked and lost (-$18.50 net)
      Hero mucked 9:diamond: 9:spade: and won $36.05 ($17.55 net)

2) Villain is pretty much a fish even though his stats don't look that bad 28/24/8.2 AF 2.3
      I decided to flat his 5bet because we were really deep and at the time I didn't know if he's capable of folding QQ/AK. I check flop with intention of shoving, when he checks back I decide to check back again since I'm not really scared of anything and want to give him a chance to bluff and when the ace hits on the river I shove hoping he has AK.

Hero (MP): $75.70 (151.4 bb)
      CO: $11.71 (23.4 bb)
      BTN: $114.57 (229.1 bb)
      SB: $64.36 (128.7 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A:diamond: A:club:
      Hero raises to $1.50, CO folds, BTN raises to $5, 2 folds, Hero raises to $12, BTN raises to $24.50, Hero calls $12.50

Flop: ($49.75) 7:spade: 9:diamond: 5:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($49.75) 6:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($49.75) A:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $51.20 and is all-in, BTN calls $51.20

[spoil]Results: $152.15 pot ($2.50 rake)
      Final Board: 7:spade: 9:diamond: 5:diamond: 6:diamond: A:spade:
      Hero showed A:diamond: A:club: and won $149.65 ($73.95 net)
      BTN showed K:heart: A:heart: and lost (-$75.70 net)

3) Never bluff a station. The guy is a complete whale with random moves. He tilts a lot when he loses a hand and calls with any piece of equity. Only I am capable of giving this guy all his money back after grinding him down for a couple of hours.

SB: $482.49 (965 bb)
      Hero (BB): $123.31 (246.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:club: T:spade:
      SB raises to $2, Hero raises to $7, SB calls $5

Flop: ($14) 4:heart: Q:club: 9:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $11, SB calls $11

Turn: ($36) 6:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $28, SB calls $28

River: ($92) 6:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $77.31 and is all-in, SB calls $77.31

[spoil]Results: $246.62 pot ($0.50 rake)
      Final Board: 4:heart: Q:club: 9:heart: 6:spade: 6:club:
      SB showed 8:club: 8:heart: and won $246.12 ($122.81 net)
      Hero showed J:club: T:spade: and lost (-$123.31 net)

4) And finally, my biggest losing pot ever. Same guy as hand no3. Note that he has stacked off vs me with AQoff in similar spots and huge raises were also standard.

SB: $259.30 (518.6 bb)
      Hero (BB): $355.55 (711.1 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:spade: T:spade:
      SB raises to $2.50, Hero calls $2

Flop: ($5) T:heart: 7:diamond: A:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB bets $1.50, Hero raises to $6, SB raises to $47, Hero raises to $353.05 and is all-in, SB calls $209.80 and is all-in

Turn: ($518.60) K:spade: (2 players, 2 are all-in)
      River: ($518.60) 9:diamond: (2 players, 2 are all-in)

[spoil]Results: $518.60 pot ($0.50 rake)
      Final Board: T:heart: 7:diamond: A:club: K:spade: 9:diamond:
      SB showed T:diamond: T:club: and won $518.10 ($258.80 net)
      Hero showed A:spade: T:spade: and lost (-$259.30 net)

Off to grind some more tonight, to try and get this month going and earn somthing other that FPPs :)

Cheers
    • pokerprons
      pokerprons
      Bronze
      No update in two weeks doesn't really go with my new years resolution but I'm not giving up. I have totally messed up my sleeping shedule the last few days so after waking up again in the middle of the night I decided I might do something constructive and update my blog.

So what was going on in the last two weeks? I had my PC repaired and had to reinstall HM three times before I got it to work again (I'm really growing to hate this program and should really try poker tracker in the near future) and went back to grinding. The month was bad and too swingy and I ended up breakeven with RB. I think it would have been better if I just stuck to 6max but HU is so tempting when fish come and donate a stack or two in 5 minutes. However, I've had long HU sessions with total whales who I couldn't bust and I just got so frustrated like never before in my life which doesn't happen to me when I play 6max. I don't know if I ran really bad vs those fish or I just don't have the optimal strategy for passive stations, probably a mix of those two. I found it easier to play vs aggro villains or thinking regs. Conclusion: I need to get some coaching for HU ASAP!

As for 6max, nl50 is not that scary at all. There are plenty of fish and I should be able to show a positive winrate in the future. Ofc some coaching in that department wouldn't hurt too. Regs seem really nitty and my image is pretty good since some of them think I'm a fish with too high VPIP but some of them already refuse to give me action when we stay HU so that's a good indicator that I'm doing at least something right. I really haven't seen any regs play 30/25 style or at least 28/22, mostly it's 21-22/15-16 or lower which is pretty nitty for me.

Overall, there were some good and some bad things in January but I can't be happy with any losing month. What I can do is learn from the experience and try to improve based on it.

January profit: -488$

I still haven't used my FPPs in hope of a run good so I can save them and exchange them at the supernova rate but If I need to cashout some more money I don't think I'll be able to save those anymore. My BR is still fine for nl50 but it's not a healthy 100BI roll that it used to be and that gives me a peace of mind which allows me to play without thinking about the money. Hopefully it will be a different story come end of February. If not, I'm moving down to nl25 with a $2k roll.

Finally, here are the graphs

nl50 HU

nl50 6max

and the overall nl50 January graph

That's it for the first recap of the year. I will do my best to update more in February.

Run golden everyone!

Cheers!
    • pokerprons
      pokerprons
      Bronze
      February is off to a good, but still swingy start. I am much more satisfied with volume though. I played a long session last night/ this morning i had a few 6max tables and 1 HU table with a huge fish who I needed 800 hands to bust :facepalm: I ended up losing 1BI to rake :f_mad: 6max is going ok, hopefully I will get some coaching soon. I applied to mbml's group coaching but we will have to see if there are other interested students.

Here are some interesting hands from last session

1) Here I almost folded because I put villain on AK/AQ but then I realized I had twp pair :D

BB: $55.46 (110.9 bb)
      MP: $50 (100 bb)
      Hero (CO): $50 (100 bb)
      BTN: $51.66 (103.3 bb)
      SB: $51.82 (103.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7:heart: 8:heart:
      MP folds, Hero raises to $1.50, BTN folds, SB raises to $5.50, BB folds, Hero calls $4

Flop: ($11.50) T:heart: 7:diamond: 2:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $6.50, Hero calls $6.50

Turn: ($24.50) A:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($24.50) 8:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $12, Hero calls $12

[spoil]Results: $48.50 pot ($2.18 rake)
      Final Board: T:heart: 7:diamond: 2:diamond: A:club: 8:club:
      Hero showed 7:heart: 8:heart: and won $46.32 ($22.32 net)
      SB showed Q:heart: A:spade: and lost (-$24 net)

2) This is a line i like a lot although I may be losing value vs some draws on the turn but if he has something I look like I have a busted draw OTR and can get called much wider.

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 3 Players

Hero (BTN): $68.07 (136.1 bb)
      SB: $56.47 (112.9 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 7:heart: 6:diamond:
      Hero raises to $1, SB raises to $2.50, BB folds, Hero calls $1.50

Flop: ($5.50) T:heart: 6:heart: K:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($5.50) 6:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $4, Hero calls $4

River: ($13.50) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $9.50, Hero raises to $24, SB calls $14.50

[spoil]Results: $61.50 pot ($1.50 rake)
      Final Board: T:heart: 6:heart: K:spade: 6:club: 3:diamond:
      Hero showed 7:heart: 6:diamond: and won $60 ($29.50 net)
      SB mucked A:club: A:spade: and lost (-$30.50 net)

3) This one is a little tough. Or is it? Villain is a passive fish and I can't see many Js in his range. I thought he could have 2 pair on the flop or maybe a set and all draws ofc. I guess I made a crying call. Would you do anything differently?

UTG: $79.50 (159 bb)
      MP: $80.68 (161.4 bb)
      CO: $66.39 (132.8 bb)
      BTN: $33.25 (66.5 bb)
      SB: $64.09 (128.2 bb)
      Hero (BB): $52 (104 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:diamond: K:heart:
      UTG raises to $1.50, 2 folds, BTN calls $1.50, SB calls $1.25, Hero calls $1

Flop: ($6) K:club: 5:heart: T:club: (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $4, UTG folds, BTN calls $4, SB folds

Turn: ($14) Q:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $11, BTN calls $11

River: ($36) A:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $16.75 and is all-in, Hero calls $16.75

[spoil]Results: $69.50 pot ($2.50 rake)
      Final Board: K:club: 5:heart: T:club: Q:heart: A:spade:
      BTN showed 8:club: 9:club: and lost (-$33.25 net)
      Hero showed Q:diamond: K:heart: and won $67 ($33.75 net)

4) This one was also tough, I tanked a lot before I called. I thought he could have pair + draw kind of hands a lot although he also reps 2 pair. Any thoughts?

BB: $42.63 (85.3 bb)
      Hero (SB): $57.04 (114.1 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:heart: K:diamond:
      Hero raises to $1, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($2) Q:club: 9:club: 4:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1, BB calls $1

Turn: ($4) T:heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $2.50, Hero raises to $5, BB raises to $11.50, Hero calls $6.50

River: ($27) 5:heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $18.50, Hero calls $18.50

5) This one is agains a fish who was very spewy and tilty. Would someone flat here?

Hero (BB): $140.52 (281 bb)
      MP: $44.73 (89.5 bb)
      CO: $51.25 (102.5 bb)
      BTN: $76.75 (153.5 bb)
      SB: $80.02 (160 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6:heart: 7:heart:
      4 folds, SB completes, Hero checks

Flop: ($1) K:spade: T:heart: 2:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.50, Hero raises to $1.50, SB raises to $4, Hero calls $2.50

Turn: ($9) 9:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $8, Hero calls $8

River: ($25) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $22, Hero raises to $128.02 and is all-in, SB calls $45.52

[spoil]Results: $160.04 pot ($2.50 rake)
      Final Board: K:spade: T:heart: 2:heart: 9:heart: 8:diamond:
      Hero showed 6:heart: 7:heart: and lost (-$80.02 net)
      SB showed 8:heart: A:heart: and won $157.54 ($77.52 net)

Alright, I'm off to grind some more. Hopefully a big upswing is around the corner...
    • pokerprons
      pokerprons
      Bronze
      Nice session tonight, played only 6max and it went pretty well.

Here are a few hands:

1) This one is against a big nit. I kept stealing his blinds even though he had direct position on me. He fought back once or twice but that's it. There are a couple of lines I could take here and I'm not sure what's the best one. I could just raise flop and hop to get it in; I opted for the second one, which is just to flat and raise turn; but then I thought I might have called the turn too.

MP: $77.59 (155.2 bb)
      CO: $50.75 (101.5 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $64.54 (129.1 bb)
      SB: $75.98 (152 bb)
      BB: $70.91 (141.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 4:diamond: 4:club:
      MP folds, CO raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1.50, SB raises to $6.50, 2 folds, Hero calls $5

Flop: ($15) 8:diamond: T:club: 4:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $8, Hero calls $8

Turn: ($31) 6:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $17.50, Hero raises to $50.04, SB folds

[spoil]Results: $66 pot ($2.50 rake)
      Final Board: 8:diamond: T:club: 4:spade: 6:diamond:
      Hero mucked 4:diamond: 4:club: and won $63.50 ($31.50 net)
      SB mucked and lost (-$32 net)

2) This one is also against a reg/nit. My question here is whether I should have maybe c/raised turn?

Hero (BB): $114.92 (229.8 bb)
      MP: $50 (100 bb)
      CO: $89.23 (178.5 bb)
      BTN: $64.27 (128.5 bb)
      SB: $50 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9:heart: 9:club:
      3 folds, BTN raises to $1.50, SB folds, Hero raises to $5, BTN calls $3.50

Flop: ($10.25) 3:heart: 9:diamond: 5:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $6, BTN calls $6

Turn: ($22.25) J:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $14, BTN calls $14

River: ($50.25) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $40, BTN folds

[spoil]Results: $50.25 pot ($2.26 rake)
      Final Board: 3:heart: 9:diamond: 5:club: J:diamond: 3:diamond:
      Hero mucked 9:heart: 9:club: and won $47.99 ($22.99 net)
      BTN mucked and lost (-$25 net)

And here are two hands from the "poker is not dead" category.

3) Take me to value town!

MP: $71.15 (142.3 bb)
      CO: $48.02 (96 bb)
      BTN: $56.70 (113.4 bb)
      Hero (SB): $120.45 (240.9 bb)
      BB: $36.14 (72.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:diamond: 9:diamond:
      MP folds, CO calls $0.50, BTN calls $0.50, Hero completes, BB checks

Flop: ($2) 3:club: K:heart: 4:diamond: (4 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, BB folds, CO calls $1.50, BTN folds

Turn: ($5) 9:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($5) 6:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4, CO calls $4

[spoil]Results: $13 pot ($0.58 rake)
      Final Board: 3:club: K:heart: 4:diamond: 9:heart: 6:heart:
      CO showed 4:heart: 4:spade: and won $12.42 ($6.42 net)
      Hero showed K:diamond: 9:diamond: and lost (-$6 net)

4) No comment here :)

Hero (BB): $50 (100 bb)
      UTG: $50.50 (101 bb)
      MP: $46.43 (92.9 bb)
      CO: $133.96 (267.9 bb)
      BTN: $50 (100 bb)
      SB: $52.50 (105 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:diamond: T:diamond:
      3 folds, BTN raises to $1.50, SB folds, Hero raises to $5, BTN calls $3.50

Flop: ($10.25) K:diamond: 8:club: 4:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $7, BTN calls $7

Turn: ($24.25) 9:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $15, BTN calls $15

River: ($54.25) J:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

[spoil]Results: $54.25 pot ($2.44 rake)
      Final Board: K:diamond: 8:club: 4:spade: 9:spade: J:club:
      Hero showed J:diamond: T:diamond: and won $51.81 ($24.81 net)
      BTN mucked 6:club: 4:club: and lost (-$27 net)

And one more thing. I definitely need thread savers if I'm gonna get any attention to this blog :P

• yougotfelted51
      yougotfelted51
      Bronze
      hey pokerprons nice blog, i will definitely follow, even without the threadsavers (although those are always nice)!

some very interesting hands in the last few posts.
      what are your goals for this year on stars?

if theyre on your first page, i will have already looked at them :)

edit: they were too far up to see during my post, sounds like some good goals. i expect you will be supernova at least 2x over?