Cody's Zoomtastic Adventure

• monster1117
      monster1117
      Bronze
      Edited
      My name is Cody I am a 21 year old student from Canada. I've been playing poker for around 3 years now and have loved the game from the start:) I started my poker career on FTP with the $50 provided to me by the lovely pokerstrategy.com. I grinded low stakes sit n go's with a small win rate and then took a stab at the $4 rush on demand tournys and had fairly good success. All in all, I grinded the $50 into $450 then BOOM black friday :( After black friday i played little to no online poker until around August 2012 where i decided to deposit $150 on pokerstars and decided to grind strictly zoom cash games. A friend and I split on lowstakes holdemmanager and I was ready to go:) I've had good success since then and once fulltilt poker re opened in early November I shipped all my money to pokerstars and I started to take some shots at NL25:O

Nl25

Alright so now for my goals for 2014!

- Become a more active member on pokerstrategy:) There is clearly a lot of good people on this site and a lot of good poker content that will help me become a better poker player

- Achieve atleast gold status on both pokerstrategy and pokerstars every month of 2014

- Read all the BSS articles on pokerstrategy and study! One of my biggest problems is my lack of studying

NEW STUFF!!!

So, obviously I have not been updating this blog and probably did not achieve any of those goals:p But this kids not busto! I actually withdrew a good chunk of my bankroll because I am a broke student! I shipped a 5.10 hyper mtt at the end of last summer and my roll was up to 2.5k and school was starting up so I decided to withdraw 2k and grind low stakes mtt throughout the year ( put in very little volume but had ran good and had some success :D

So basically I HIGHLY recommend playing the 5.10 hyper MTTS on pokerstars for people looking to build their rolls without having to grind out an 8 hour regular speed tournament. These results are not totally accurate as I have played many tournaments on my phone and on another computer but I'd have to guess that my profit is maybe a bit more from these 5.10 tournaments and I have put in more volume than stated. It says regular speed on hold em but I assure you all those 5.10 tournaments were hyper speed. I've made 5 final tables and managed a 2 way chop in 2 of them, ship one, 2nd in one, and an unfortunate 9th in the other :p Also a 6th place in the hot 4.40 in that stretch :D Seriously just watch the lovely Colin Moshman videos on these hyper mtts and pray that you run as good as me if you want to boost your roll!

So Now for some new goals!
      After a recent withdraw my roll is just over $1900 right now and i' ready to start playing NL50 zoom seriously this summer and mix in some MTTs. I want to become an active member on pokerstrategy and overall improve my game!. Feel free to add me via community tool if you want to talk poker and exchange Skype info and what not. Id love to join an NL50 zoom group among fellow pokerstrategers so if anyone is apart of one and wants an extra voice to talk poker with I would love to join and have some sweat sessions
  • 13 replies
    • monster1117
      monster1117
      Bronze
      Pretty awful start to my year but what can ya do! I really don't think i played horrible today but my results were rather horrendous.

I ran into a lot of standard spots set over set, over pair vs. set, kings vs aces and was on the wrong end of it today. I think i probably have to work on finding the fold button more often especially after bad beats and tilting i seem to become quite the station. I will definitely be reviewing this session because it is the worse session i've ever had and i dont think i can blame it all on variance :p
    • Sholja
      Sholja
      Bronze
      Subscribed! What do you play SH or FR?
    • monster1117
      monster1117
      Bronze
      Thanks Sholja:) I play SH
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Gold
      Good luck!

Playing some SH Zoom myself, although I've only started at NL2 :D
    • monster1117
      monster1117
      Bronze
      Thanks Gary :)

Here's my results graph from my session yesterday

Feels good to put in a winning session after a bad start to the month. There was really no notable but this was an interesting one:p

Known Players:
      MP2: $22.03 - 88 bb
      MP3: $15.50 - 62 bb
      CO: $23.07 - 92 bb
      BU: $21.25 - 85 bb
      SB: $18.05 - 72 bb
      BB: $47.42 - 190 bb

0.10/0.25 No Limit Hold'em (6 Handed)
      Hand recorder for this hand: PokerStrategy.com SideKick 1.0.51227.1

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:heart: , J:club:
      SB posts small blind ($0.10), Hero posts big blind ($0.25), MP2 raises for $0.50, 3 folds, SB calls, Hero 3-bets $2, MP2 calls, SB calls

Flop: ($6.75 - 27 bb) Q:spade: , 4:heart: , 3:spade: (3 Players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $3.75, MP2 calls, SB folds

Turn: ($14.25 - 57 bb) 2:club: (2 Players)
      Hero bets $6.25, MP2 raises for $16.03, Hero calls

River: ($46.31 - 185.24 bb) A:diamond: (2 Players)

Didn't have much of a read on villain but he was a short stack and all he was really representing was a Q or set and i could not find it in me to give him credit for either of those hands
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Gold
      Nice soul read :)

Sometimes you just know when to pull the trigger!

Well played!
    • Ig0tbanned
      Ig0tbanned
      Bronze
      Will follow this, good luck and crush it!!!
    • monster1117
      monster1117
      Bronze
      Thank's for your support guys :D

Just had a great weekend went away to Montreal for a friends birthday so no poker was played :P Lots of drinking and questionable decisions but I'm back home and ready to start grinding again. I just logged in a short session and won a few buyins so that always feels good.

Here's my graph since my horrible start to the year

Current BR is is $771.11 which is just a buy in down since the begginning of the year which I am happy about because i had a rough start to the month. I have 10,550 fpps on pokerstars and I was wondering your opinions on the best way to spend your fpps so please share!:D
    • Sholja
      Sholja
      Bronze
      I always spend my FPPS on 235 FPP satellites for sunday storm and then i just sell T$.
    • dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      Originally posted by Sholja
      I always spend my FPPS on 235 FPP satellites for sunday storm and then i just sell T$.
      Yeh I hear this is the best way to use them up until you can get the platinum bonus
    • monster1117
      monster1117
      Bronze
      Time to bump this old thread! So all the above goals were not achieved:P I was caught up with school, friends and life which I should of guessed left little time for poker. I have one month left of summer and I am looking to put in a lot of volume and I am currently playing NL50 SH zoom. Still looking to become more active on the pokerstrategy forums:)

So my goals as of now are:
      1) achieve diamond status on pokerstrategy for the month of august atleast and hopefully the remaining months of this year!
      2)STUDY and get better!
      3) depending on school and if i can move up to nl100 maybe push for supernova. I still have ~80k vpps to go though

current nl50 graph 30k hand sample:

• monster1117
      monster1117
      Bronze
      Edited first post and ready to hit the NL50 zoom tables!
    • monster1117
      monster1117
      Bronze
      down 2 buy ins through 4k hands. I'm pretty happy with the way I've been playing and been adjusting to the player pool. Haven't played zoom for a while so I definitely need to work on and improve my game. I think giving up on pots is something I need to work on but who likes to fold??? :p Ran into random coolers and lost a heart breaking 155 bb pot when a fish check shoved on the turn vs. me with the nfd when I had top set and he got there on the river. That's poker and I must zoom on! :p