[NL20-NL50] AA BvsB facing raise on the flop

• AchillesBG
      AchillesBG
      Gold
      Prima, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $50 (100 bb)
      MP: $76.46 (152.9 bb)
      CO: $68.12 (136.2 bb)
      BTN: $59.65 (119.3 bb)
      Hero (SB): $96.25 (192.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:spade: A:heart:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, BB calls $1

Flop: ($3) 2:diamond: 8:club: 4:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2, BB raises to $6, Hero calls $4

Turn: ($15) 5:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $10, Hero calls $10

River: ($35) 4:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $22, Hero calls $22

Anon. table

Forgot to write down his stats, but he was aggresive TAG. Few hands ago he 3bet/called TT SBvsBU.

So on the flop, i think he doesn`t have overpairs. He can have sets, FD+overcards and some low equity bluffs like random overcards/gutshots e.t.c. I can 3bet/call the flop, but i thought is better to just call and let him hit smth. on the turn?

After i called the flop, i should be ch/shoving this turn?

As palyed, i think i must call this river?
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Achilles,

Given the information we have about villain (his willingness to stack off lighter, even if it's just preflop) would incline me to 3-bet the flop but as you said he most likely doesn't have TT+ so he would only stack off with 8x, 99 and draws which are still plenty in his range.

However if he is a good aggressive player he won't bluff you with random hands on this flop. He would do it with equity like for example a backdoor flush.
      So as played I'd actually ck/shove that turn because I think he will have a hard time folding a lot of his hands and I prefer that over calling again because we don't know if he can bluff 3-streets (if we know then it's easier to call and call river).