This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] AA BvsB facing raise on the flop

• AchillesBG
      AchillesBG
      Silver
      Prima, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $50 (100 bb)
      MP: $76.46 (152.9 bb)
      CO: $68.12 (136.2 bb)
      BTN: $59.65 (119.3 bb)
      Hero (SB): $96.25 (192.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:spade: A:heart:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, BB calls $1

Flop: ($3) 2:diamond: 8:club: 4:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2, BB raises to $6, Hero calls $4

Turn: ($15) 5:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $10, Hero calls $10

River: ($35) 4:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $22, Hero calls $22

Anon. table

Forgot to write down his stats, but he was aggresive TAG. Few hands ago he 3bet/called TT SBvsBU.

So on the flop, i think he doesn`t have overpairs. He can have sets, FD+overcards and some low equity bluffs like random overcards/gutshots e.t.c. I can 3bet/call the flop, but i thought is better to just call and let him hit smth. on the turn?

After i called the flop, i should be ch/shoving this turn?

As palyed, i think i must call this river?
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Achilles,

Given the information we have about villain (his willingness to stack off lighter, even if it's just preflop) would incline me to 3-bet the flop but as you said he most likely doesn't have TT+ so he would only stack off with 8x, 99 and draws which are still plenty in his range.

However if he is a good aggressive player he won't bluff you with random hands on this flop. He would do it with equity like for example a backdoor flush.
      So as played I'd actually ck/shove that turn because I think he will have a hard time folding a lot of his hands and I prefer that over calling again because we don't know if he can bluff 3-streets (if we know then it's easier to call and call river).