[NL2-NL10] NL2 Zoom T6o CO Flopped 2P

• cheekopeh
      cheekopeh
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $1.67 (83.5 bb)
      SB: $2.71 (135.5 bb)
      BB: $1.05 (52.5 bb)
      UTG: $2 (100 bb)
      MP: $2.50 (125 bb)
      Hero (CO): $2.05 (102.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 6 T
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, BTN calls $0.06, SB calls $0.05, BB calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.24) 6 T 9 (4 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $0.02, Hero raises to $0.18, BTN calls $0.18, SB calls $0.18, BB calls $0.16

Turn: ($0.96) 4 (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.64, BTN folds, SB calls $0.64, BB calls $0.64

River: ($2.88) 8 (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks

Results:
      $2.88 pot ($0.10 rake)
      Final Board: 6 T 9 4 8
      SB showed 7 3 and won $2.78 ($1.90 net)
      BB mucked 9 9 and lost (-$0.88 net)
      Hero mucked 6 T and lost (-$0.88 net)

Both Villains are unknown.

PF: I know it's too loose for me to raise steal this hand on the CO. But I'm experimenting on loosening up my hands, and it's definitely better for me to loosen up on the CO & BU instead of any other position.

I constantly tell myself not to be spewy if I get called w these kinda hands.

Flop: BB bets like this v 4 players which is almost always a trap. But I do not discount some pair+GS hands which he does not want to go all in w. I think TP like Tx, 2P & something like AhTh (pair+FD) he will definitely go all in w to protect against other draws.

But I still think I have to protect on this drawy board v the rest of the players. I don't mind playing for stacks w BB since he only has 50bbs. When Sb calls, I put him mainly on a Flushdraw which he's playing passively.

Turn: I'm commiting myself against BB's stack here & protecting against Sb.

River: I don't see any value in betting anymore.

It's a very unique hand since it's one of the rare times I loosen up play v 2 opponents & go to showdown. It also highlights how we should not slowplay our big hands. E.g BB on Flop & Turn, and then Sb trying to trap on River.

And I have the worst hand from the start to the end :f_mad:

Do you think I overplayed it?
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi,

Preflop: Even though it's "better for me to loosen up on the CO & BU instead of any other position" this is way too loose. Even though villains are unknown we have BTN with a shorter stack and BB with a shorter stack. So there's a good chance they are fishy

On top of that our hand has poor to super poor playability postflop.

So just toss it out and if you want to expend your range at least add suited hands.

As played flop and turn looks fine and we can't bet river anymore.
    • cheekopeh
      cheekopeh
      Bronze
      Thanks Bodgan.

I do realize it's too loose as well. Need to go back to Equilab and work on my CO & BTN opening ranges!
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Using equilab's ranges (which are not 100% accurate) T6o comes into play after 65% of all hands. So having a steal range that big with 3 people behind, 2 of which are potential fish it would be -ev.