Feature suggestion for Equilab hold'em

• Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Bronze
      I'd love to see a feature in Equilab's "Scenario Analyser" that would allow me to plug in a range for both myself and for villain and visualize how the ranges play against each other. I don't really understand why the current version only allows user to plug in one hand instead of a range. And as far as I know, that shouldn't be too hard to implement.

And since I know how slow the industry standard for software development is, does anyone know any tool that would already have such feature?
  • 7 replies
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Bronze
      Two questions:

1) does anyone from PS or the Equilab team read these?

2) where are the "user defined ranges" saved into?
    • ProfitsofDoom
      ProfitsofDoom
      Basic
      I use the Ace Poker Drills equity calculator, and it has this feature. You can also load, review/replay hands right from your database, calculate bluff %, weight hands/ranges based on likelihood, etc. it is one of the better ones i have used, and is a free download.
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Bronze
      based on their website, that program you mentioned doesn't have such feature but maybe they just suck at advertising? :f_confused:
    • ProfitsofDoom
      ProfitsofDoom
      Basic
      Yeah, the page may not describe it very well. But it is in there.

It's a free download, so i would just give it a try.
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hey Shevtshenko,

mrk1988 is commonly found around these parts, He may have just missed this one, I'll see what I can do :)
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Heyo,

I'll forward this thread to the developer of Equilab and expect an answer here shortly.

BR
      Markus
    • patszerdonk
      patszerdonk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Shevtshenko
      I'd love to see a feature in Equilab's "Scenario Analyser" that would allow me to plug in a range for both myself and for villain and visualize how the ranges play against each other. I don't really understand why the current version only allows user to plug in one hand instead of a range. And as far as I know, that shouldn't be too hard to implement.

And since I know how slow the industry standard for software development is, does anyone know any tool that would already have such feature?
      Cant we use the main window for this?
      for example:
      10% range vs 20%range

enter flop cards (or random) then see the equity.
      try X on the turn and see how much equity changes.

I think for range vs range, the "scenario analyser" isn't helpful because better/thighter range will be happy with higher cards

Or I'm missing your point?
      you might try propokertools because it's most complete tools (but its hard to master the features)