This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] -> 32 + doubles in flop + action in river

• lovesniper
      lovesniper
      Bronze
      Fish data
      65/15 in 28 hands

So i get double in flop..

Would have been better to x/f, x/c smalls bet on turn? I thought we can get value from worst hands, like Aces and Queens

which would have been the best decision here?

Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $2.87 (57.4 bb)
      Hero (SB): $2.12 (42.4 bb)
      BB: $1.75 (35 bb)
      MP: $4.45 (89 bb)
      CO: $2.52 (50.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3 2
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, BB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.30) 3 2 Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.22, BB calls $0.22

Turn: ($0.74) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.48, BB calls $0.48

River: ($1.70) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.12, BB calls $0.90 and is all-in

Results:
      $3.50 pot ($0.17 rake)
      Final Board: 3 2 Q A 5
      Hero showed 3 2 and lost (-$1.75 net)
      BB showed 4 7 and won $3.33 ($1.58 net)
  • 2 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

What's the reason here for open raising such a trash hand against a 65/18 guy in BvB?
      I really don't get it - if we want ot steal the blinds it's not a good idea, since the guy seems to like calling a lot. If we want to raise for value - then what worse hands do you expect to call us here?

As played preflop, postflop looks good. I think he might even call down with some Qx, and he's never folding Ax here.

Best,
      Plamen
    • lovesniper
      lovesniper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kymupa
      Hello,

What's the reason here for open raising such a trash hand against a 65/18 guy in BvB?
      I really don't get it - if we want ot steal the blinds it's not a good idea, since the guy seems to like calling a lot. If we want to raise for value - then what worse hands do you expect to call us here?

As played preflop, postflop looks good. I think he might even call down with some Qx, and he's never folding Ax here.

Best,
      Plamen
      You right, i have to forget connectors with this calling stations, but when i have them, i feel i have a strong hand against them.