This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH - AJo C-bet

• painterman007
      painterman007
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($2.76)
      Hero ($5)
      UTG ($9.97)
      UTG+1 ($5)
      CO ($5)
      BTN ($4.93)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: J:spade:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.15, SB calls $0.13, Hero raises to $0.50, fold, SB calls $0.35

FLOP ($1.15) Q:spade: 4:diamond: 5:diamond:

Here I am unsure about what my sizing should be, as I feel that he would call with alot of pocket pairs and small pairs with Ax maybe Kx hands, in addition to the flush draw combinations, and I would plan to bet on a scarecard on the turn

SB checks, Hero bets $0.75, SB calls $0.75

TURN ($2.65) Q:spade: 4:diamond: 5:diamond: 8:spade:

The 8 is a crappy card, because it is not scary to his range, rather improving some holdings like 88, A8. I decide to check behind because of his low stack size ($1,5) and his unlikelyness to fold, though evaluating this hand now I found I can often remove Qx from his range because of his passive play. If he does have Qx the X will be so low he might have folded to a bet on the turn, but again, his stack size is only $1,5.

SB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($2.65) Q:spade: 4:diamond: 5:diamond: 8:spade: A:spade:

SB bets $1.51 (AI) Hero?

The flush completes, but that does not help his range, the ace however helps alot. In his preflop calling range i see alot of weak aces, but most of these would have folded flop unimproved. (A2-A3,A6-A7,A9)
      This means his likely holdings are now two pair, A4,A5,A8, a missed flushdraw, or some pocket pair or JT type hand that thinks he can take it down because of the weakness I showed, and the A that might scare me.

Gave him roughly JJ-44,AJs-ATs,A8s,A5s-A4s,KJs,JTs,AKo,AJo,KJo,JTo and called. This gives me around 50 % equity vs 27% pot odds
  • 1 reply