NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($5.29)
      BB ($6.81)
      UTG ($6.13)
      Hero ($5.11)
      CO ($4.86)
      BTN ($5.16)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: J:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to $0.15, CO raises to $0.45, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.20, CO raises to $4.86 (AI)

CO is believed to be a reg, and is probably 3betting lighter than average at NL5 SH, and I decide to 3bet, making it just enough so that he would have to push to raise further, hoping for a call or fold. Planning a big bet on a dry flop, considering his calling range would be suited broadways and weak suited aces and maybe kings. However, his 5-betting range is probably not that wide, and AJo does not do that well against it, so I would fold in this situation
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      hi.

i think your play is fine. i dont like calling 3bets oop too much with offsuit broadways esp with limited info on his tendencies.

but i think your size is a little too big. 1.00-1.10 is sufficient to generate a similar amount of fold equity and you also get to generate an aggro image.
    • painterman007
      painterman007
      Bronze
      Thank you!

We should use this sizing on all hands, correct? Both AA and AJo. Is AJo the bottom of our range or can we justify doing this with lower suited aces and other hands? What would be our range at NL5 vs relatively unknown probable "reg"?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by painterman007
      Thank you!

We should use this sizing on all hands, correct? Both AA and AJo. Is AJo the bottom of our range or can we justify doing this with lower suited aces and other hands? What would be our range at NL5 vs relatively unknown probable "reg"?
      Yes, you want to raise the same for value or bluffs.

When you bluff you save money in the long term (you lose less when you have to let go) and win the same when you have value.